Associate Director Global Medical Affairs Learning and Development
Location United States, RemoteWorkstyle Remote Only Apply
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Role: Associate Director, Global Medical Affairs Learning and Development
Summary Role Description:
- Responsible for the development and execution of programs to meet the learning needs of Global Medical Affairs (GMAF) employees, including the needs assessment, design and development of learning solutions, implementation, and evaluation
- Responsible for the development and execution of training components for new GMAF employee training
Needs Assessment, Curriculum Design, and Delivery
- Lead the design, development, and delivery of training solutions on products and disease areas to support learners within GMAF, including both global and regional training
- Perform needs analysis, assessing base competencies and proficiency of organizations/functions in order to identify needs and address curriculum gaps, including:
- Working with individual functions to determine needs and conduct assessments
- Collaborate with global and regional colleagues to build an understanding of learning needs in the context of long term and near term strategic goals
- Design effective course curriculum and workshops to meet organization needs, including:
- Identify or source expert facilitators to deliver effective live training as required
- Support trainers/facilitators ingathering or developing training content
- Obtain and or develop effective learning and development materials using a variety of media and blended approaches including coaching, classroom instruction, on-line learning, experiential learning, and self-guided learning
- Ensure external facing GMAF personnel are competent in the areas of product and disease knowledge, compliance, and presentation skills Deliver trainings effectively, managing and responding to learner needs
- Perform evaluation activities to assess learning progress and ensure performance gaps are closed
- Use project management, change management, and learner engagement best practices to plan and conduct effective live training events
- Collaborate with GMAF teams and cross-functional colleagues to ensure that training needs are met in ways that are accurate, timely, and aligned
- Develop learning plans for all assigned compounds across the entire projected lifecycle of the compound
- Set annual learning priorities, communicate them and manage process for addressing ad hoc learning and development requests
- Develop and maintain communications to ensure employees have knowledge of training requirements, events and resources
- Support the design and development of the GMAF annual meeting, including participant engagement, materials development, training session management, and logistics
- Keep abreast of trends and best practices in learning development and technology
- Coordinate the funding of Continuing Medical Education (CME)
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In the U.S., the salary range for this position is $ 152,000 to $ 228,000 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A discretionary bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.