AD, Business Process Transformation
Location United States, RemoteWorkstyle Remote Only Apply
Associate Director, Business Process Transformation
Remote or San Rafael or Shanbally
Role : Associate Director, Business Process Transformation, is a position within the GSC Operations reporting directly to the Director, GSC Operations Excellence. This critical role of an active change agent and is responsible for creating a culture of continuous improvement. The successful person in the selection process with have demonstrated ability in cross functional collaboration, operations excellence, project management, change management. The team is currently involved in several digitization efforts including iCSC (for Clinical Supply Chain) and preparing the organization for the next ERP system implementation.
Organization : GSC Operations is comprised of Global Distribution, Global Trade & Transport, Clinical & Commercial Supply Chain Operations, GSC Operations Excellence , Cold Chain Logistics & Good Distribution Practice Compliance.
GSC Operations excellence is responsible for transforming global business by driving digitization and process improvement across the organization and to influence & support the wider BioMarin Organization. The scope of this organization is global scope. GSC Operations drives projects and programs focused on a strategic roadmap on digitization and future technology usage and business process improvements.
- This role is responsible, working closely with the Director, GSC Operations Excellence, for collaborating across Technical Operations, Information Management, Global Validation, Distribution Compliance, and Global Commercial Operations to ensure projects and services are provided to internal partners and external customers of BioMarin.
- This role is responsible for creating a continuous improvement training plan and conducting training and mentoring team members in problem solving, Lean & Six Sigma tools, Change Management
- The role coordinates and performs daily efforts and supports evidence-based decisions which affect the operations for Logistics and Clinical Supply Chain. It is important for the overall results of customer and patient satisfaction, product integrity during distribution and transportation, as well as general supply chain management for planning and shipment execution goals.
GSC Operations - Project Management
- Conduct workshops (in the style of Lean Kaizen events) to identify problem areas, prioritize and develop Project plans to drive improvements
- Establish positive working relationship with cross functional teams involved with project execution.
- Communicate professionally during stressful situations, resolving problems effectively and positively.
- Be a thought partner on how best to update current processes, based on business strategy and priority. Roll out process changes to the entire organization.
- Track and pull metrics relevant to client facing tools (e.g. client engagement with specific features)
- Foresee issues on projects before they occur and raise risks to appropriate parties. Proactively create contingency plans and recommend solutions.
- Leads with personal commitment to DIAL Essential Attributes and exhibits ability in decision making, influencing & agile leadership.
- Self-motivated with an ability to build strong project teams focused on “team” wins
- As the organization grows, this role is likely to have responsibility to lead direct reports. Mentoring, setting goals, evaluating, providing feedback and enabling people to perform at above average levels is a part of this role’s responsibility
- Support development of a pipeline within Global Logistics for the future personnel needs
- This is an “influencer role”. It is important to empower and support all direct and indirect personnel that form part of projects are equally successful
Continuous Improvement and Operational Excellence
- Provide self-leadership in project and change management while co-leading continuous improvement efforts that impact Global Logistics
- Independently collaborates cross functionally to manage an efficient decision-making process.
- Approaches change management with resilience and a keen ability to make forward progress while navigating energetically through obstacles.
- Determine best practices for information sharing
GSC Operations Systems Management
- Administer multiple online SaaS and non-SaaS systems applications that include Clinical Supply Chain, Transportation Visibility, Freight Audit and Payment, and Temperature Record Management Systems
- Act as a point of contact for legal contracts processing
Transportation, Trade, GDPs, Clinical Supply Chain, and Cold Chain Logistics
- Support Good Distribution Practices management for Temperature Excursion investigations and records management
- Lend validation systems support for info related to qualification activity with Cold Chain Logistics shipping solutions
- Identify process and working issues between functions and facilitate resolution where roles and responsibilities need guidance or direction
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Superior customer service ethic and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, multitasking and time management skills and ability to perform gracefully under pressure and meet inflexible or shifting deadlines
- Positive, solution-oriented approach to problems
- Availability to perform as part of a team as well as individually
- Possess a working understanding of Cold Chain Shipping Solutions, Distribution Management, Good Distribution Practices, Transportation Operations, and business analysis related to these functional areas
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a Clinical Supply Chain / Contract Manufacturing operation in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry and 1 year of experience in a GMP environment preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and awareness of the Emotional Quotient in a corporate environment are required to allow the incumbent to interact and resolve conflicts with many levels inside and outside of the Supply Chain Logistics organization internationally
- Development of project candidates based on organizational needs and goals for Continuous Improvement and Business Technology projects
- Preferred some education in Lean Six Sigma, Project Management Institute, or general business analysis
- Has a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee may frequently be required to sit, speak, or listen. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to touch; reach with arms; climb stairs; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust visual focus.
This is an influencing role. It is important to understand interdepartmental dependencies and influence others to support in our endeavor. As the organization and role grows, there is potential for leading others directly.
Consistent track record of challenging the foundations of Supply Chain Logistics by exceeding objectives and leading continuous improvement within the area of influence for a Project Coordinator role. Willingness to step outside comfort zone on knowledge areas that aren’t rooted in pure project execution and implementation.
Business Analysis and Project Management play equal parts, one is not exclusive of the other in the career track within Global Logistics.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In the U.S., the salary range for this position is $ 144,000 to $ 216,000 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A discretionary bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.