Account Manager, PKU - Washington, DCLocation United States Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The PKU Account Manager is responsible for maximizing sales of BioMarin commercialized products in their area. They must maintain a high level of education on disease, promote awareness, and ensure compliance for patients on therapy. Good organizational, analytical, problem solving and customer management skills are required. Demonstrated ability to gain the cooperation of others utilizing excellent communication skills is required. Focus on coordination of care with excellent follow-up essential. Individual must be flexible, and adaptable to new situations with sensitivity to the potential constraints of a “start-up” commercial organization. Must be goal oriented, knowing how to set aggressive but achievable targets. Instills a high standard of performance in the organization.
- Achieve area sales, penetration, market share, and profit targets on a quarterly & annual basis
- Create and implement an effective business plan to guide strategy, disease awareness, patient compliance, and track progress throughout the year.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all key customers including: Geneticists, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Genetic Counselors and ancillary staff.
- Provide leadership through example to fellow Clinical Sales Specialists.
- Financially manage assigned territory.
- Actively participate in business planning meetings, disease awareness efforts, and professional society meetings as assigned.
- Become an expert in the clinical data and be able to verbalize its significance to others.
- Provide insight to internal business partners as to the clinical practices of assigned accounts.
- Demonstrate leadership within internal teams, with ability to influence without authority.
- Act in compliance and adhere to all company policies assigned to the PKU Account Manager position.
- Ability to manage a multi-state territory with diverse customer base.
- Overnight travel is required and will range from 40%-60% depending on the geography and business needs of the individual territory.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Advanced educational degree or experience in the Healthcare field desired. (i.e., nurse, pharmacist, dietitian).
- 5-7 years experience in the Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industries.
- 3-5 years of experience in biotech/specialty sales involving high cost products
- Sales experience within hospitals and academic institutions.
- Prior work with orphan-disease products.
- Experience in new product launches.
Territory: Washington, DC and surrounding areas
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.