National Sales ManagerLocation Tokyo, Japan Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
National Sales Manager is responsible for maximizing values of BioMarin commercialized products by managing Sales Team and Key Accounts. The person must maintain an astute education on disease, promote awareness, and ensure compliance for patients on therapy. Good organizational, analytical, problem solving and customer management skills are required. Demonstrated ability to gain the cooperation of others utilizing excellent communication skills is required. Focus on coordination of care with excellent follow-up essential. Individual must be flexible, and adaptable to new situations with sensitivity to the potential constraints of a “start-up” commercial organization. Must be goal oriented, knowing how to set aggressive but achievable targets. Instills a high standard of performance in the organization.
- Act as a company representative and leader of Sales function at the national level to manage sales performance through effective tactical executions.
- Lead sales team to develop and execute effective strategies and tactics to improve diagnosis/treatment/adherence of target disease area through sufficient KPI tracking.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Japan sales team.
- Develop national sales plans based on sales goals, sales and marketing plans, expectations and available resources to meet or exceed sales forecasts.
- Implement short and long-term sales strategies in support of the national sales objectives.
- Supervise, develop, hire and train the Japan sales team.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key external stakeholders including: Pediatricians, Pediatric Orthopedists, Pediatric Endocrinologists, Pediatric Neurologists and Co-Medical staff (i.e., nurses, genetic counselors and ancillary staff).
- Provide product information and procedure expertise to physicians as appropriate in compliance with regulations.
- Communicate with customers in a sound, professional and scientific manner
- Fully comply with internal and external local regulations/policies/guidelines.
Bachelor’s degree required
Certification of Medical Representative (MR)
Certified pharmacist license preferred
English comprehension skills (TOEIC score>600 or others) preferred
Min. 5 years of sales experience in the Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industries
Min. 3 years of people management experience in the Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industries
Sales experience within hospitals and academic institutions
Experience in development and management of national/regional physicians network
Experience in a “start up” environment or small organization/team Prior work with rare disease therapeutic area
Experience in new product launches
Leading and/or coordinating patients identification program
Additional requirements: Skills with tools
Digital Promotion: Utilization of iPad based promotion materials.
Computer Skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Digital communication: Zoom, MS Teams
Reporting system: Sales Force.Com, Veeva or equivalent SFE tool
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.