Clinical Sales SpecialistLocation Tokyo, Japan Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
- BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Clinical Sales Specialist is responsible for maximizing values of BioMarin commercialized products in assigned territory. The person must maintain an astute education on disease, promote awareness, and ensure compliance for patients on therapy. Good organizational, analytical, problem solving and customer management skills are required. Demonstrated ability to gain the cooperation of others utilizing excellent communication skills is required. Focus on coordination of care with excellent follow-up essential. Individual must be flexible, and adaptable to new situations with sensitivity to the potential constraints of a “start-up” commercial organization. Must be goal oriented, knowing how to set aggressive but achievable targets. Instills a high standard of performance in the organization.
- Act as a company representative within the assigned territory to manage sales target on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Act as sales team member to develop and execute effective strategies and tactics to improve diagnosis/treatment/adherence of target disease area with accurate tracking of KPI.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with Key External Stakeholders including: Pediatricians, Pediatric Orthopedists, Pediatric Endocrinologists, Pediatric Neurologists and Co-Medical staff (i.e., Nursesnurses, Genetic genetic Counselors counselors and ancillary staff).
- Communicate with customers in a sound, professional and scientific manner
- Fully comply with internal and external (local regulations/policies/guidelines).
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Certification of Medical Representative(MR)
- English comprehension skills (TOEIC score>600 or others) preferred
- Min. 5 years of sales experience in the Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industries.
- Sales experience within hospitals and academic institutions.
- Experience in development and management of national/regional physicians network.
- Driver’s license
- Experience in a “start up” environment or small organization/team
- Prior work with rare disease therapeutic area.
- Experience in new product launches.
- Leading and/or coordinating patients identification program
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.