Clinical Sales Specialist (CSS)Location Tokyo, Japan Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Clinical Sales Specialist is responsible for maximizing sales of BioMarin commercialized products in their area. They must maintain an astute education on disease, promote awareness, and ensure compliance for patients on therapy. Good organizational, analytical, problem solving and customer management skills are required. Demonstrated ability to gain the cooperation of others utilizing excellent communication skills is required. Focus on coordination of care with excellent follow-up essential. Individual must be flexible, and adaptable to new situations with sensitivity to the potential constraints of a “start-up” commercial organization. Must be goal oriented, knowing how to set aggressive but achievable targets. Instills a high standard of performance in the organization.
- Achieve area sales, penetration, market share, and profit targets on a quarterly & annual basis
- Create and implement an effective business plan to guide strategy, disease awareness, patient compliance, and track progress throughout the year.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all key customers including: Geneticists, Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeons, Neurologists, etc., Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Genetic Counselors and ancillary staff.
- Provide leadership through example to fellow MPS Specialists.
- Manage sales target for the assigned territory.
- Actively participate in business planning meetings, disease awareness efforts, and professional society meetings as assigned.
- Become an expert in the clinical data and be able to verbalize its significance to others.
- Provide insight to internal business partners as to the clinical practices of assigned accounts.
- Demonstrates leadership within internal teams, with ability to influence without authority.
- Build and maintain professional relationship with key stakeholders in the Japanese market, including but not limited to physicians, patient support groups, business partners, etc.
- Communicate with customers in a sound, professional and scientific manner
- Plan and execute marketing and sales plans under the supervision of the respective manager including but not limited to organization of local educational lectures, initiation of programs, etc.
- Follow company and local regulations on pharmacoviligence reporting
- Follow company and local compliance guidelines
- Ability to manage a multi-state territory with diverse customer base.
- Travels required and will range from 40%-60% and business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Advanced educational degree or experience in the Healthcare field desired.
- Certification of Medical Representative(MR)
- 10 years of experience in the Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industries. 2- 5 years of experience related to biotech / specialty sales involving high cost products.
- Driver’s license
- Sales experience within hospitals and academic institutions is highly desirable
- Experience in a “start up” environment or small organization/team is a plus
- Prior work with orphan-disease products is an advantage
- Experience in new product launches is preferred
- Experience on leading and coordinating patients finding program is highly desirable
- Computer Skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint