Brand Manager, JapanLocation Tokyo, Japan Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Brand Manager is a member of Japan Commercial Operations team. This position is responsible for designing and executing the brand plans, strategies and tactics to meet the business objectives. The BM will also act as Commercial Launch Leader for Pipeline compounds.
This position will manage the related activities within the focused rare diseases in Japan by interacting with the external stakeholders including HCPs, agencies, distributors, etc. The position will be working closely with the APAC Brand Management Team & Global Brand Management Team by supporting developments and localizations of Global & Regional brand strategies.
- Lead development and execution of the local brand strategies for Marketed Brands (VIMIZIM®, NAGLAZYME®, BRENEURA®)
- Lead development and execution of Digital Channel Strategy to maximize brand value
- Lead launch preparations for pipeline compounds (ACH & PKU)
- Collaborate with Sales Team to execute the local tactics for Marketed Brands
- Collaborate with Medical Team to develop and execute optimal KOL Management Plan
- Act as Point of Contact to manage external agencies related to market research, communication, digital, etc.
- Represent the local marketing function to closely collaborate with Global & Regional Brand Management Team
- Ensure that all interactions and activities in Japan comply with BioMarin’s business guidance, policies, and SOPs
Required Experience & Skills
- Minimum 5 years of related marketing experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry with the emphasis on launch experience
- Sales experience preferred
- Proven track record of working cross-functionally with other teams (e.g., medical, market access, sales, etc.) and ability to influence others
- Relevant experience in the rare disease, paediatrics, orthopaedics, neurology, endocrinology space is a plus.
- Fluent English (business level) & Japanese (native level) speaker required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Acute high-level customer response skills
- Strong skills for communication, presentation, territory management, objection handling, problem solving, and time management
- Ability to foster a collaborative team environment
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Bachelors, preferably in life sciences
- Internal: Sales & Marketing, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Market Access, Finance, Compliance
- External Service providers: Marketing & Advertising agencies, Market Research agency, Digital communication agency, consultants, distributors
- External Stakeholders: physicians, nurses, pharmacists, patient advocacy groups
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.