Value and Access ManagerLocation São Paulo, Brazil Apply
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
State the overall function or purpose of the job.
The Senior Value and Access Manager for the Intercontinental Region will support the development and delivery of assertive Market Access strategies to various countries within the Intercontinental Region for BioMarin.
The overarching objective is to ensure that the correct pathway is set for patients to receive their required treatments in a timely manner. For this, the person in this position will work through the various Market Access resources and deliverables, seeking for the best access outcomes for patients, payers and the company.
The function will report to the Intercontinental Market Access lead, working side-by-side with local market access and commercial teams, acting as a conduit between the local needs and the functions within the Market Access team (value and access, pricing, health economics and outcomes research, and evidence generation teams). The position will also have the opportunity to interact with a variety of internal stakeholders from local, regional and global levels, including medical, marketing, commercial and executive teams.
The position will be based in Sao Paulo office, but will have frequent reach to several of the covered countries, looking constantly for opportunities to have direct impact in the business, delivering value and upscaling our potential.
List the major responsibilities of the job.
• Support the development and execution of regional and local Market Access strategies, integrating all sources of information
• Adapt global value dossiers for current and upcoming therapies for countries and client specific submissions
• Localize pharmacoeconomic models considering country-specific information and requirements
• Leverage and further develop the body of evidence to strengthen submissions and specific objection handling from payers
• Support the development of specific argumentation and negotiation strategies, tailoring them to payers
• Develop or support the development of scenario analysis to drive strategic decisions
• Develop benchmarking on specific situations to inform decision making
• Identify local needs and seek for internal best practices and resources to support countries in daily challenges
• Support the development of pricing strategies and pricing submissions
• Manage pricing planning for the region, liaising with global pricing center of excellence team to capture international references
• Support the development of business planning exercises, such as budget and long range plan
• Coordinate vendors on specific market access research projects such as advisory boards and market and price research
• Support the Intercontinental Market Access lead in various activities, such as Market Access team governance
Quantify the scope or impact of the job in terms of revenue, expenses, capital investment, headcount, etc.
Responsible to support the activities and Mkt Access teams in countries from Latin, America, Middle East and Africa.
Provide support on portfolio of current and launching products.
Coordinate activities among the different levels of the organization (local, regional and global)
State both the minimum and the preferred educational attainment (or equivalent experience), and describe essential and desired subject matter, certifications, special training, etc.
• Bachelor in Biology, Biomedicine, Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, etc.
• Advanced (written and spoken) English
• Intermediate (written and spoken) Spanish
• Desirable Postgraduate in Market Access or HEOR/HTA.
State both the minimum and the preferred number of years of relevant experience, and describe the essential functions of the job.
• At least 5 years of experience in Market Access roles (health economics, pricing, access strategy, etc.)
• Fully proficient in Excel and Powerpoint
• Fully proficient in Pharmacoeconomic modelling
• Fully proficient in Value and Access Dossiers development
• Proficient in clinical studies interpretation
• Proven track-record in pricing and reimbursement submissions
• Excellent planning and prioritization skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong critical reasoning skills
• Strong Collaboration and Teamwork
• Ability to manage peers and internal clients
• Strong Problem solving and Decision-Making capabilities
• Proactivity, Creativity and Adaptability
• Ability to work with autonomy
• Good knowledge of rare disease market dynamics
• Strategic vision as well as results orientation
• Desirable experience of health systems of other countries (e.g. LATAM, Middle East, Africa, Turkey)
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Describe the work environment characteristics that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
Flexible work arrangement – expected 2-3 days per week at the office.
Availability for eventual travel to any of the covered countries (Latin America, Middle East, Turkey) and headquarters (USA)
Describe any equipment required to perform the job.
List the key positions, internal and external, with which the job incumbent must interact.
Internal: Country teams (Commercial Director, Local Mkt Access); Regional teams (Medical team; Marketing, a.o.); Global teams (Market Access, Medical, Marketing, a.o.)
External: Authorities, Payers, ex-Payers, HCPs
List the key accomplishments and skills that must be achieved to be eligible for promotion to the next position, if any, on the career ladder.
This position, in order to reach next level in carrier, must show ability to conduct with mastery her/his responsibilities; must accumulate tangible results for at least 2 years; must be perceived as expert in her/his scope of action; must have built strong rapport with internal and external stakeholders and must be ready to expand responsibility beyond this Job Description.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.