Senior Marketing ManagerLocation São Paulo, Brazil Apply
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Senior Marketing Manager is a key position to implement and execute brands strategies inside the country. This position will have a dotted line to Intercontinental regional Marketing head supporting appropriate deployment of regional plans at country level. This position is key to oversee country needs and propose value creation opportunities to leverage local business. The high execution capacity and understanding of the market dynamic for highly complex pharmaceuticals are key to ensuring the position's success.
Strong delineation and link to Intercontinental regional team (ICON) is key to assure consistency, endorsement and support to lead local initiatives.
This position will be accountable and responsible for Brand Plan execution of the country brands.
• Develop the country level brand plan in synergy with ICON leveraging regional strategies and tactical plans;
• Develop effective working relationships with opinion leaders and other key stakeholders to establish relationship and capture business opportunities, needs or threats;
• Partner with Medical Affairs, Compliance, Legal or other related areas to ensure effective implementation of country marketing projects;
• Conduct performance tracking of initiatives, monitoring, including any required action to mitigate or required to assure smooth tactical plan implementation;
• Interface with cross functional team to ensure the alignment of internal stakeholders for brand achievement tactical plans;
• Utilize high level of business acumen in analyzing and coordinating activities from identified industry trends, competitor´s practices;
• Collaborate with regional ICON team to share local market insights that can inform the development of regional brand plans;
• Coordinate local brand plans assuring consistency with regional strategy;
• Identify different channels opportunities to promote and activate approved brand / unbranded content; Strong coordination with ICON digital team;
• Implement/execute the promotional approved communication strategy and tactics ensuring alignment with the overall brand strategy;
• Responsible for translation of regional materials, approval at relevant systems, printing and logistics (commercial team distribution as well as local events);
• In the need of special initiatives not included in regional/country brand plan, work alongside regional team to get endorsement and move for local development following compliance and brand identity. All in local production are subject to regional approval prior development and future by relevant approval systems;
• Manage external agencies relationship to assure adequate brand/disease activation following brand/campaign style guidance (advertising agencies, creation, public relations, graphics)
• Manage in local marketing budget allocated to brands, respecting programs and year planning. Rigorous control of projected external expenses OPEX versus planned expenses;
• Ensure all marketing activities are in compliance with local regulatory, compliance and legal regulations;
• Coordinate Patient Support Programs (PSP) or Patient Support to Diagnostic (PSD) or Infusion/Injection Programs materials and initiatives in alignment with respective in country leader;
• Centralize processes and approvals for country donations or sponsorship to congresses related to HCPs, HRPs or Patient Advocacy Groups (PAGs);
• Work closely with local medical societies to build relationship and manage country opportunities;
• Following communication/brand style guidelines, coordinate entire process for congress participation, including, negotiation, agreement, booth layout approval, materials approval, symposium agreements, speakers agreements, catering) end to end;
• Responsible for - country documentation storage according compliance requirement and subsequently monitoring process;
• Support related to country local processes, approvals, contracts, payments familiarizing with internal systems such as - Oracle, Veeva Events, Spring.
• Submission of branded or non-branded materials at local level for system revision and approval- coordinate and tracking updates/changes needed with the marketing agencies to ensure the appropriated communication;
• Responsible to feed regional tool called tracker that coordinates in country market researches, PSPs or any initiative directly related to patient that demands pharmacovigilance coordination;
• Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business administration or similar.
• Fluent English.
• Advanced Spanish.
• Process oriented and work on commitment;
• Organized, proactive, very oriented to problem solving ability;
• Strive operational efficiency and disciplined execution
• Good communication- Maintain close liaison with the sales force, medical affairs, and market access to ensure interchange of information in delivering results
• Planning and Time management, Multitasking, Working experience in administrative and business support for manager positions.
• Ability to work effectively across multiple departments and external parties.
• At least 5 years of experience in Marketing Area.
• Experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech/medical devices area.
• Experience in coordination of multiple projects, high deliverables for complex markets, agencies and third-party supplier management;
Computer skills, including Excel, Word, Power Point. Experience in dealing with third parts.
Country Head, Marketing Head, Marketing Director, Commercial Team, Legal / Compliance Directors, Interns, Contracted agencies, Patient Associations, Medical Associations and Societies.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.