Sales Planning and Forecasting ManagerLocation São Paulo, Brazil Apply
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
State the overall function or purpose of the job.
The Sales Planning and Forecasting will be responsible for executing all forecasting and planning processes for the Intercontinental Region (Latin America, Middle East, Africa and Turkey). This individual will play an integral role with responsibility for ensuring that all forecasts are based on reliable information and rigorous analyses, are consistent with all available information, and that short-term and long-term forecasts are aligned. She/He will partner with local Sales Leaders and Sales Operations colleagues and work close with Global Commercial Operations, Finance and Marketing in order to align on processes and inputs. In addition, she/he will the main regional point of contact with Global Customer Management and Supply Chain to be on top of order patterns and mitigate supply risk with Global Supply and Logistics teams. She/he will work with multiple Excel-based models as well as other quantitative and qualitative resources to perform scenario analyses. In addition, she/he is expected to present findings to key stakeholders, provide recommendations, and implement approved recommendations. Finally, this person will drive internal price submission, change processes and governance.
List the major responsibilities of the job.
• Maintaining Intercontinental region and country-level revenue forecast models with all underlying variables
• Partner and coordinate local Sales Operations colleagues throughout forecasting cycles
• Participate in local, regional and global forecast meetings and capturing forecasting assumptions, changes, impacts and align processes
• Plan, drive and execute al planning cycles, with all relevant stakeholders. Schedule meetings, provide necessary tools to local partners, etc
• Check consistency of forecast assumptions across countries and regions
• Prepare and deliver forecast presentations for executive management
• Summarize country and region-level forecast to the global level
• Assess forecast risk across countries and regions
• Curate forecasting models and assumptions
• Create and provide local partners with templates to maintain consistency in execution
• Drive touchpoints and alignment with Supply Chain, Global Customer Management and Logistics to mitigate and anticipate any supply risk or order pattern change for the Intercontinental Region
• Collaborate on and execute other supporting analytical projects that will deliver high quality business insights
Quantify the scope or impact of the job in terms of revenue, expenses, capital investment, headcount, etc.
Intercontinental Region: Latin America, Middle East, Africa and Turkey
State both the minimum and the preferred educational attainment (or equivalent experience), and describe essential and desired subject matter, certifications, special training, etc.
• BS/BA with emphasis in Finance, Business, or Life Sciences
• 5-7 years experience in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical or related industry
• Proven track record of working collaboratively in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
• Ability to influence without direct authority
• Ability to develop and maintain strong partnerships
• Ability to assimilate detailed data to discover and communicate key business trends
• Excellent presentation skills and experience presenting to executive level audiences
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Excellent Excel-based modeling skills
• A keen eye for detail
• Fluent English is mandatory, intermediate Spanish is desired
• Excellent planning and excellent organizational skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Proactivity, strong accountability, self-driven and adaptability
State both the minimum and the preferred number of years of relevant experience, and describe the essential functions of the job.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Describe the work environment characteristics that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
Hybrid presential/remote work arrangement, ability to work with teams in different geographies and adaptability to different time zones
Describe any equipment required to perform the job.
Computer and phone provided by company?
List the key positions, internal and external, with which the job incumbent must interact.
Internal: Finance, Marketing, Sales Operations local, Commercial Directors, Global Commercial Operations, Global Customer Management, Supply Chain
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.