Medical Affairs Communications ManagerLocation São Paulo, Brazil Apply
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Manager, Literature Analysis, conducts systematic literature research and analysis to support the development of documents including, but not limited to, peer-reviewed scientific publications, study reports, clinical protocols, and product dossiers, and to support scientific message development and publication strategy development across Medical Affairs and other BioMarin functions
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Systematically receive, clarify, and organize literature requests from GMAF and other groups
- Prioritize requests based on business need, urgency and resource availability
- Conduct literature analysis according to published guidelines such as PRISMA and MOOSE as needed
- Conduct comprehensive literature research and analysis in support of strategy development, market planning, marketing, and HEOR questions on all pipeline and marketed products, and according to published methods.
- Communicate research findings to requestor as per agreed timelines; conduct follow up research as needed
- Conduct data extraction from literature analyses to appropriately address topics being analyzed
- Assist with the interpretation of the data extraction to support that which was requested
- Assist medical teams with Study Design discussions when requested
- Direct and plan for all drug-related publications such as abstracts, posters, and manuscripts
- Develop a strategic plan that integrates and aligns the timing of clinical trial data locks with the release of key data points at scientific meetings. This includes publication of interim data (if available) for either early stage or pivotal trials, which can occur months to years before drug approval (T– 24 to T – 12; or 24 to 12 months before launch).
- Develop clear and consistent language to describe clinical results for the organization as a whole
- Prepare and present to the Medical teams a publication plan for all the products
Contribute to functional improvement initiatives for the Medical Communications function
- A manager demonstrates advanced competence in communication and collaboration, and adaptability and flexibility along with foundational skill in leadership, strategic thinking and planning, and problem solving. For example:
- Distilling complex issues to simple terms, while driving information dissemination up and down the organization to influence appropriate outcomes; proactively expands network and work relationships outside department and company, building more influential, productive relationship;
- Demonstrating an understanding of functional objectives and how they support corporate strategy; contributes to the development of a motivating team/work environment by upholding positive morale and encouraging high performance;
- Demonstrating an ability to recognize, understand, articulate and respond promptly to issues that arise, escalating as appropriate;
- Exhibits curiosity and desire to solve problems and questions why and how things are done; demonstrates openness to new ideas and exploring novel solutions
A Manager demonstrates advanced competence in medical and scientific knowledge, literature research and analysis, scientific writing and document development, publication process tools and compliance; and foundational technical competence in drug development and study design, business acumen, and statistics and data analysis. For example:
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of product pharmacology, PK/PD, mechanism of action, efficacy and safety considerations
- Proactively conducts literature searches and can summarize and present findings concisely and efficiently
- Seeks key stakeholder input on research findings to confirm interpretation / findings
- Provide data extraction of literature reviews that comprehensively addresses the research question
- Aware of relevant product / therapeutic area competitive landscape, potential competing products efficacy, develop stage, mechanism of action and safety
- Aware of other potential competing products in the market and the commercial risks for BioMarin in the product area
- Understands the definition of basic descriptive statistics, mean, median, quantities, standard, standard deviation, variance
- BA/BS in life or health sciences
- 3 or more years of relevant experience in medical communications, publication planning and/or medical writing
- Some (1 year) people management experience preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Visit our Career Website: Working at BioMarin
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.