Legal InternLocation São Paulo, Brazil Apply
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Trainee will be part of the Legal team, based at our regional offices in São Paulo. She/He will work closely with the Legal Director LatAm and the Contracts Associate, supporting the Department’s activities and projects, with a focus on the recently implemented Contract Lifecycle Management system, and on the Department’s payment processes, interacting daily with internal clients and external service providers.
- Assisting the Contracts Administrator with the recently implemented Contract Lifecycle Management system, including receipt, review and validation of contract requests; drafting and review of contracts; use and review of contract templates; instructing business areas on the financial approval of contract requests; execution of agreements; archiving and management of executed agreements’ repository.
- Assisting the Legal Director LatAm with the Legal Department’s activities, including processing of payment of external service providers’ invoices; drafting and review of corporate filings, powers of attorneys, and other legal documents; performing legal research; monitoring of court and administrative proceedings involving the group companies.
- If necessary, under internal lawyers’ instruction, work with outside counsel in different countries to obtain counselling and legal support.
- 2nd year B.A. in Law, with solid academic background;
- Intermediate English is required;
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus.
- Experience within a legal in-house/corporate function;
- Pharmaceutical or law firm experience are a plus;
- Ability to communicate in both verbal and written form with employees throughout the company;
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and the capacity to simultaneously handle a variety of complex confidential issues;
- Strong persuasive skills and sound business judgment;
- Motivated, self-starter with ability to appropriately prioritize issues and allocate resources and be capable of working alone and making sound decisions;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, also with an ability to work and familiarize with new technologies and systems (DocuSign CLM, DocuSign, SAP Concur, etc).
Apply also in Job Opportunities at BioMarin
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.