Corporate Communications InternLocation São Paulo, Brazil Apply
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
State the overall function or purpose of the job.
- Support the Corporate Communications function in internal and external communications activities.
- Perform administrative tasks in order to secure compliance to the internal policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the execution of the communications planning and tactics for Biomarin, aiming to improve company reputation and business goals.
List the major responsibilities of the job.
- Content and layout production for internal communications channels, such as BioWeb, newsletter for employees, e-mails, internal announcements.
- Support internal events with employees such as townhalls, team meetings, celebrations.
- Coordinate the approval process and procedures of corporate communications materials on Veeva, according to the internal policies.
- Alignment with internal areas/departments on topics which need to be communicate within the organization.
- Support to institutional and/or disease related endomarketing campaigns, such as the Rare Disease Day, PKU Day, Batten´s Day, etc.
- Up date of the institutional BioMarin website and/or social media profiles for key countries, according to the corporate strategy.
- Support administrative tasks related to contracts, purchase order requisitions and other applicable procedures.
- Participate on Brand Team meetings and/or planning activities with Marketing and Commercial teams.
- Follow up with the external agencies on the reports to be issued and activities being performed according to the internal and external communications strategy.
State both the minimum and the preferred educational attainment (or equivalent experience), and describe essential and desired subject matter, certifications, special training, etc.
- Minimum education background: high school degree.
- Studying communications related courses (Journalism or Public Relations).
- English language (intermediate level) is a differential.
State both the minimum and the preferred number of years of relevant experience, and describe the essential functions of the job.
No previous experience is required.
Describe any equipment required to perform the job.
Besides de standard equipment (notebook, monitor), a design software may be useful to support the intern activities.
List the key positions, internal and external, with which the job incumbent must interact.
- Internal: Human Resources, Finance, Information Management, Medical, Regulatory, Compliance, Marketing, Government Affairs, Market Access, country representatives.
- External: external suppliers such as translators, designers, communications and/or public affairs agencies.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.