Business Operations and Strategy Director LatAmLocation São Paulo, Brazil Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The main objective of the Latin America Business Operations and Strategy Director is to take into action the vision and guideline defined by the Latin America Commercial Vice President to organize the processes and resources to execute the strategy in Latin America to increase commercial operations performance and business’ leadership with the different countries/business’ areas.
Business Operations and Strategy Director LatAm is responsible for
Providing objective and detailed information and analysis on the business and on current and future markets, patients, customers and competitors, enabling the structuring and implementation of effective and customized strategic plans for each country of the region. This position incumbent should evaluate critical business issues and growth opportunities by turning them into action plans.
Reports directly to Latin America Commercial VP. This position has full responsibility in aligning Business Operations strategy for the entire region. The incumbent also serves to strategic projects, leading different initiatives within Commercial area. Responsible for planning and organizing main commercial processes within the region, such as Sales Forecasts, Business Reviews, Sales Force Effectiveness, Sales Incentive Compensation, Diagnostics Processes, among others in strong collaboration with different areas and functions within the company.
- Lead directly an internal team composed by two analysts and indirectly three other country representatives (Argentina, Colombia and Brazil): support setting their major goals, ensuring alignment of vision among sales ops in LATAM, following up and monitoring them through regular feedback sessions. Support on their growth in the company by motivating, giving coach and empowerment for new activities and projects and helping to face their weakness, always aligned with their solid line reporting.
- Lead sales forecasting process for LATAM for all products, by liaising with Brand Mgmt, Mkt Access, Finance, Medical Affairs and country management. The process includes activities such as budgeting, Long Range Plan (LRP) and quarterly forecasts.
- Develop the strategic plan for Latin America at the country/area, and regional level, within the corporate process. Manage the portfolio of regional strategic initiatives and transversal projects. Prepare all the communication related to the region strategy.
- Lead Business Intelligence function, providing assertive information to the organization critical for informed decision making – supporting on the development of business insights, both supporting and challenging the conduction of the business in the countries
- Define and implement Commercial & Pricing policies throughout Latin American region in accordance to Global guidelines and in conjunction with Mkt Access team.
- Support the Region Commercial VP in the definition and conduction of the region’s governance by setting the agenda and leading it, focusing on effectiveness of discussions and actions, considering other functions and areas of support within the company.
- Lead the business reviews processes on LATAM level, country visits, international visits to LATAM and for corporate events, ensuring a strong coordination with the several stakeholders involved, delivering a cohesive story, showcasing the business and assertively pointing out priorities.
- Lead Salesforce effectiveness initiatives, providing a vision to the countries and conducting a harmonized agenda, aiming at the standardization and achievement of similar excellence level in each country
- Analyzing reports: following up process and results and monitoring meetings in order to identify and suggest program improvements and trends.
- Responsible for the Market intelligence area of the Latin America team. Responsibilities encompasses gathering information from different sources and creation of relevant reports and dashboards to support management decisions. His area of expertise should englobe market analyses of population that benefit from products that are already being commercialized, mapping potential physicians that are involved in the treatment of the disease, raise urgency in the main threats of the business while working solutions with the commercial team and pointing market opportunities. Also responsible for making assessments for products from pipeline still not commercialized, by understanding each market complexity in regards to access to the product, sizing potential population that could benefit from the new therapies and management of surveys with the field team.
- Identifying and monitoring sales planning and KPIs aiming at managing risks and opportunities.
- Compliance support: Assures all process and initiatives related to business operations are compliant with company and local regulations
Managing directly an internal team composed on two analysts and indirectly three other country representatives (Argentina, Colombia and Brasil).
- Bachelor´s Degree in administration, marketing, communication and related areas.
- Full Master of Business Administration
- Fluent English and advanced in Spanish
- A minimum 5 years of experience in pharmaceutical or healthcare sales processes and strategic or marketing support position.
- Demonstrated effectiveness operating in complex organizational and regulatory environments.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work with all levels of management and the general workforce.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Experience on leading people
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with others in addressing complex issues.
- Persuasive skills and sound business judgment
- Decision Making - Make sound and effective decisions.
- Influence and Collaboration - Seek the perspective of others. Partner with others across and outside the organization to define and reach a shared goal.
- Agility - Recover constructively from setbacks, while continually learning and modifying approach.
- Leadership - Lead, develop and manage high performing teams effectively
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.