Medical Science Liaison ChileLocation Santiago, Chile Apply
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a regional position supporting the scientific and business interests of BioMarin. Is the external-facing scientific expert on the company product(s) and therapeutic area(s), with a core responsibility in scientific engagement. This consists of the establishment and maintenance of ethical and highly scientific relationships with leading Health Care Professionals (HCPs) at major academic institutions and hospitals. Based on high-quality interactions and on the generation, interpretation and communication of scientific data with leading HCPs. The MSL must possess the capacity to coordinate and manage initiatives or partnerships with external partners independently or with a minimum amount of oversight.
This position will report to Medical Affairs and work closely with the Commercial and the Clinical Teams.
- Develop and execute scientific plans within their region to meet company-defined goals within corporate and regulatory guidelines for products both marketed and in development
- Scientific engagement with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) in healthcare, to provide appropriate scientific information about company products and related therapy area, gather insights and expert opinions from relevant HCPs
- Proactive KOL / treatment center mapping and planning according to the scientific strategic needs of the product or therapeutic area (pre-, peri- and post-launch)
- Support the Area Medical Director / Regional Medical Lead on the development and implementation of local Scientific Educational Programs in line with BioMarin’s scientific needs, including the scientific briefing of the speakers
- Conduct drug administration (infusion) readiness trainings upon request
- Support post-marketing studies as required, in collaboration with study management
- Scientific conference support by collaborating in identifying attending HCPs, participation in preparing scientific events, attendance to relevant scientific sessions, engagement in scientific exchange, being part of the staff at medical booths, delivering a meeting report to be shared cross-functionally
- Respond to costumer requests with relevant scientific information and coordinate with Medical Information the provision of answers for on- or off-label queries
- Evidence generation support by sharing insights on potential study sites in alignment with the Area Medical Director / TA Lead, based on their scientific capabilities, administrative readiness, and stakeholder interests, partnering with clinical operations and Contract Research Organizations (CROs), as required, engaging with investigators both during startup and throughout the study period to maintain interest in and education about the study. Identify further scientific research opportunities in the area that help increase disease awareness, sharing of best practices, and identification of medical gaps and unmet needs.
- Share insights and knowledge from HCP interactions with cross-functional team members, identifying unmet medical needs, understanding current healthcare practices and treatment of patients with specific disease (e.g. patient and treatment journey)
- Provide educational Support and training of internal team
Bachelor of Science in a clinical science as well as 2+ years experience in applicable clinical area is required. Must demonstrate understanding of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and understanding of clinical research materials. Strong presentation skills and the ability to present clinical data is required. The ability to work with both internal and external customers to implement action plans is required. Advanced degree preferred. Good written and oral English command is necessary although not for the day to day job.
- A minimum 3 years of experience in pharmaceutical or healthcare. In-house experience at a pharmaceutical/biotechnology organization strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated effectiveness operating in complex organizational and regulatory environments.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work with all levels of management and the general workforce.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to partner effectively with others in addressing complex issues.
- Strong persuasive skills and sound business judgment.
- Motivated, self-starter with ability to appropriately prioritize issues and allocate resources and be capable of working alone and making sound decisions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Travel requirement (Within the assigned territory)
Visit our career website: Working at BioMarin
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.