Support Specialist (TEMPORARY)Location San Rafael, California Apply
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The IT Support Specialist will provide technical support for business applications and systems across the TechOps, World-Wide Research and Development, and Commercial Operations departments. The candidate will be responsible for administering and maintaining applications, managing escalated service desk tickets, and enhancing the customer experience with the IT department. The scope of work will be broad, the candidate should be comfortable prioritizing multiple objectives daily with minimal supervision.
- Perform system administration on multiple applications
- Support new applications and systems, including working with business units, researching solutions, coordinating internal and external resources, creating documentation, and managing rollout
- Experience writing technical documentation (ie SOPs, WI)
- Assist with ordering IT supplies
- Assist with submitting contract requests via Spring CM
- Demonstrate ability to act as a liaison between the Technical and Business teams
Must have a strong understanding of IT Support as a business function (SLA's, ITIL practices, etc.)
- Experience using or administering CRM software (ie. Salesforce, Service Now)
- Responding to tickets, building reports, CMDB, Knowledge Articles
- Demonstrate IT-knowledge managing large data sets
- Demonstrate an ability to maintain systems within a rigorous change control environment
- Provide 2nd or 3rd level technical assistance to end users as a component of managing escalated helpdesk requests
- Troubleshoot system outages and other issues impacting production
- Provide system verification with regards to acceptable performance and accessibility of newly deployed IT solutions from remote locations
- Work with partners to troubleshoot access issues or other problems
- Candidate must be a strong team player recognizing personal improvement and awards are best achieved by making those around you successful
- Work schedule may include ‘out of normal’ work hours for IT support & monthly maintenance
- This position will be mostly remote, however, onsite work may be required in Novato or San Rafael as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Experience supporting Enterprise-level and Scientific applications in a corporate environment (e.g. Trackwise, Veeva, Labware, etc)
- Experience supporting applications and systems used in a Laboratory or Manufacturing setting
- Exposure to validated environments, change management, and ability to comply to regulatory agency requirements
- Experience with Windows Server and desktop operating systems
- Basic understanding of database platforms (SQL and Oracle) and n-tiered application architecture
- Basic understanding of VMware virtualization platform
- Basic understanding of IT systems development life-cycle (SDLC)
BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, relevant field, or equvalent work experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.