Sr. Treasury Analyst, Foreign ExchangeLocation San Rafael, California Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
BioMarin’s Global Finance operations continue to grow rapidly with the overall company and are developing into a leading-edge global finance organization. BioMarin has over $1.5 billion of annual revenues and operations in 40 plus countries that drive a fast-paced and dynamic team environment, along with operational complexity. BioMarin has ambitious growth plans and has an enthusiastic global team that is eager to deliver world-class accounting and finance services to BioMarin and its stakeholders.
Reporting to the Assistant Treasurer, the Senior Treasury Analyst will be executing within the company’s foreign exchange program including researching, forecasting, and reporting. This role will require someone with multi-national corporate treasury experience who is highly technical, hands-on, detail oriented, with strong organizational and communication skills. This role is based in the San Rafael offices of BioMarin.
Essential Foreign Exchange Functions:
- Own company’s FX balance sheet hedging model and recommendations
- Recommend and assist in the execution of daily/monthly FX trading activity including NDFs, forwards, spots and swaps
- Assist with evaluation, recommendation, and implementation of current and potential FX strategies
- Monitor trading activity and hedge positions to support hedge effectiveness calculations and ensure compliance with hedge accounting and tax requirements
- Own FX rate file with analysis to support the sales function.
- Assist with ad-hoc FX analysis and requests for sales executives
- Perform FX related SOX and internal controls
- Maintain FX systems, contracts, and bank relationships
- Create FX reporting package for CAO and coordinate with accounting on FX results
- Develop financial models that support strategic initiatives and allow senior leadership to evaluate critical financial decisions
- Review best practices and hedging strategies with peers and advisors (banks, consultants, etc.)
- Support decision making with recommendations for allocating banking business
- Execute Debt Payments (Revolver, Convertible, etc.)
- Letter of Credit administration
- Own debt covenant model and deliverables
- Assist in bank portal security administration – users and entitlements
- 3+ years of experience in multi-national Corporate Treasury department
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, or related business discipline
- Strong understanding of treasury operations, corporate banking practices
- Experience using treasury workstations (FIS Integrity, Kyriba), risk management systems (FXall, Eikon, Bloomberg, 360T) and various bank systems (CitiDirect, BOA CashPro, WF CEO)
- Experience using financial systems (Hyperion, HFM, Oracle, etc.)
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Desire to share knowledge in a cooperative fashion, to be a team player
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic, attention to details, ability and willingness to work effectively independently as well as part of a team
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.