Sr Research Associate 1, Oligonucleotide Protein Bioconjugate ProductionLocation San Rafael, California Workstyle Onsite Only Apply
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Research Associate to join the Oligonucleotides and Drug Delivery group. Through internal and externalpartnerships,the Oligonucleotides and Delivery groupaims to discover new oligonucleotide therapies and efficiently targetthem to specific tissues, maximizing therapeutic effect while limiting off-target toxicity.
This position offers a unique career opportunity to work on diverse projects from exploratory research through late-stage programs in a variety of indications. Correspondingly, there will be many opportunities to learn new skills and techniques as project needs arise. The successful candidate will be curious and motivated to approach each challenge as a new learning opportunity. The candidate will interact with all facets of Research and Early Development to advance our most promising research programs for rare diseases.This Senior Research Associate position will report to a Scientist in the Oligo and Delivery team and will have the opportunity to influence the evolution of this teamin a growing biotech company.
The Senior Research Associate will contribute to scientific innovation by production and characterization of oligonucleotide-based therapies. Extensive experience in oligonucleotide and proteinpurification including IEX,SEC, HIC,affinity,HPLC,and otherchromatographic methods is required. Prior experience inbiophysicaland analytical methods such asCE,cIEF, SECMALS, SPR, BLI,native/SDS-PAGE, agarose gel electrophoresis,etc. isrequired. The ideal candidate is highly motivated and able to work both independently as well as in a team environment. The candidate will be involved in various projects that involve presenting data to collaborators and will assist in writing reports and preparing presentations by organizing data and observations.
- Optimize pilot and intermediate scale purification of oligonucleotide-based drug candidates
- Perform bioanalytical and biophysical techniques to characterize oligonucleotide-baseddrug candidates
- Formulate and quality control test articles for in vitro and in vivo studies
- Collaborate with internal and external partners for material transfer
- Perform data analysis, interpret, and present results during internal and external meetings
- Prepare SOPs and other documents such as data reports for testing results
- Participate and present data andshare responsibility for project milestones
- General lab duties and notebook documentation of experiments
- Experience in liquid chromatography for analytics and purification (HPLC/FPLC) is required
- Experience in analyticaltechniques relating to oligonucleotide, protein, and bioconjugate characterizationis required
- Experience in quantitative assays for oligonucleotides and proteins is desired
- Detail oriented, organized, and experienced at executing experiments in the lab
- Demonstrate an ability to work as part of a team and possess an excellent work ethic
Education and experience:
Bachelors with minimum of 6 years of experience or Master with minimum of 4 years of experience in Analytical, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related field.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In the U.S., the salary range for this position is $ 92,000 to $ 138,000 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A discretionary bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.