Sr. Product Marketing Manager, North America Brand Management - PKULocation San Rafael, California Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The PKU Marketing organization supports this corporate vision through developing and implementing franchise strategy that drives growth while supporting the core BioMarin values of patient centricity, innovation, ethics, respect, accountability, and continuous learning.
The Sr. Product Manager for PKU NorAm Brand Management will be responsible for managing implementation of product marketing and brand management for PALYNZIQ, and supporting brand and franchise strategy for the PKU franchise. This position reports to the Director for PKU Brand Management in North America.
Demonstrated operational, organizational, problem solving, communications, and project management skills (with attention to detail) are required as well as enthusiasm to collaborate in a thriving team environment. Exposure to or direct involvement in tactical marketing experience is preferred. Strong results orientation and a sense of urgency to get things done are critical. This professional should be a disciplined individual that embraces innovative approaches, and is comfortable in a nimble and growing commercial organization. The ideal candidate must be creative and adaptable to unique and changing situations, be goal-oriented, know how to set aggressive, achievable targets, and motivate internal teams as well as third-party vendors and agencies.
This position serves as the North America Regional Senior Brand Manager, in concordance with the BioMarin Role Clarity and Career Development Handbook. In alignment with the BioMarin Global and Regional Brand Management role expectations, this Regional Brand Manager will be accountable for:
- Lead, manage or support regional marketing projects, programs and campaigns identified in the regional brand strategies
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the field to gather feedback and insights relevant to brand management strategies and tactics
- Active member of PALYNZIQ HCP brand team, including:
- Collaboration with other brand team members for Franchise and Marketing team meetings
- Involvement in and exposure to strategic and tactical planning and execution
- Frequent cross-functional collaboration with multiple internal groups (e.g., compliance, sales, clinical field support, market access, medical, learning and development, marketing operations, etc.)
- Presentation of key activities and initiatives to Franchise team and Commercial executive management, as needed
- Collaboration with marketing team to prepare annual brand plan and associated budgets
- Coordination with advertising agencies and internal graphic designers on the development, execution, and maintenance of key PALYNZIQ HCP materials, including:
- In-Service Presentation and other promotional materials (HCP leave-behind, Dosing flashcard, among others)
- Digital assets for HCPs (websites, email campaigns, and/or videos)
- Partner with Digital Community team for optimal planning and execution
- Lead for Peer-to-Peer content development and engagement, including:
- Ongoing enhancement of the Palynziq HCP story, PALYNZIQ case studies, and other Peer to Peer content across different HCP audiences.
- Lead development and execution of HCP Advisory boards and market research. Draw key insights from ad-boards, market research, and Sales/CC field teams to enhance HCP content in an ongoing basis
- Ongoing management of publications to support PALYNZIQ core messaging and/or burden of illness within adult patients with PKU
- Partner with Medical Communications to monitor availability and cadence of publications
- Lead the development and execution of publications training with the field force (in close partnership with Commercial Training & Development and Medical Affairs)
- Plan appropriate rollout of publications during POA meetings for live and/or webex training
- Partner with Patient Marketing Peers to foster a team focused environment and alignment across projects and tactics
- Partner with Training and Development as well as Sales Leadership to identify training needs and develop robust POA meetings
- Coordination of submissions of promotional materials (for PALYNZIQ or other owned projects) to Promotional Review Board (PRB) review process
- Ensure imagery and messaging is on-brand, and references are up to date
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
- Industry sales experience beneficial, but not required.
- Orphan drug experience strongly preferred
- Endocrinology experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment is critical.
- Ability to interact with/positively influence all levels of business across multiple departments.
- Strong analytical skills, solid general business skills and a good understanding of the US pharmaceutical markets.
- Excellent Project management, attention to detail and executional experience a must have
Bachelor in Business, Arts or Science, MBA preferred but not required
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.