BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
- Oversees the daily operation of the contract security team and provides direction as needed to ensure the sound execution of the site security contract and plan.
- Manages incidents ensuring swift resolution, minimal disruption and identifying lessons to improve processes and responses continually.
- Builds partnerships with internal stakeholders to enable their work and to maintain a secure work environment.
- Develops relationships and serve as the site liaison to public safety agencies including, but not limited to; law enforcement, emergency medical responders, as well as local and state emergency management and homeland security.
- Partners with internal vested parties, including Security Managers, GSOC, IT, and Cyber to understand and address their needs with security technology solutions.
- Acts as First Point of Contact for escalation of issues on Physical Security and responds accordingly.
- Oversees and manages the Global Security Inbox to ensure the operations team is providing appropriate solutions within the required service level agreement.
Guard Force Management
- Manages and administers physical security operations at BioMarin offices in Northern California and fosters a culture of data-driven decision making.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, rules, and regulations. Identifies crime issues and develops effective responses.
- Creates and maintains contracted guard force Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Post Orders.
- Builds and deploys training programs for GSOC Operators and other contract staff in conjunction with contract guard leadership. Oversees/Manages/Supervises GSOC Operations.
- Ensures Global Security vendors, such as Guard Services Provider, Security Systems Integrator, and other vendors meet company standards and contractual requirements.
- Generates and tracks key performance indicators (KPIs) for guard force operations and chosen vendor(s), including but not limited to: SLA performance, invoicing reliability, guard force incident response time, competence in training/real-world response, incident reporting accuracy, staffing levels, etc.
- Reviews and analyzes guard force KPIs and other physical security-related metrics to support continuous improvements and optimize physical security for the corporation and reduce operating costs.
- Liaises with contracted guard force Account Manager to professionalize, supervise and maintain all aspects of Northern California guard force operations including review of all training for the contracted guard force provided by the chosen company management.
Security Risk Assessment
- Assists and performs physical security audits and inspections of company owned or leased facilities and makes appropriate recommendations to improve the protection of assets.
Physical Security Technology Management
- Works on system health and maintenance, track system issues, apply updates, repairs, and ensure the system is running at its peak performance.
- Executes a documented performance and maintenance program for the company’s physical security devices.
- Works quickly to address and remedies unanticipated faults within the Security Technology portfolio and ensure minimal system downtime.
- Contacts appropriate security integrators to schedule onsite service tickets for failed and problematic devices and driving those repairs to completion.
- Ensures operational effectiveness of all security systems with updated monthly/weekly/daily audits of their performance.
- Troubleshoots security problems and assesses the need for external service.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to diverse audiences at multiple levels within the company using written, oral and multimedia modalities.
- Ability to communicate on both technical and operational levels and bridge the gap between Physical Security team requests and technical implementation.
- Strong knowledge of computer operations and applications, including MS Office, Internet Browsing, and the ability to quickly understand security systems.
- Understanding of basic networking concepts (IP addresses, MAC addresses).
- Self-motivated and begins projects and work tasks without supervision or direction.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the maintenance of computer peripherals, set-up, and configuration of network and computer systems and components.
- Understanding of Project Management methods with some experience.
- The incumbent will occasionally be required to work after normal hours to manage emergencies or other situations that need personal supervision to guarantee effective and timely job completion.
- Knowledge of security best practices, as developed through a minimum of three years of progressive experience in the security industry, demonstrating some subject matter expertise for physical security, electronic security systems, security operations center, and guard force management.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent – e.g. Associate’s Degree and at least 5 years of experience) is required. Professional certifications (e.g. PSP) in an area relevant to this position are preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.