Sr. Manager, Global Procurement OperationsLocation San Rafael, California Apply
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Global Procurement Operations Senior Manager will oversee the policies, procedures, systems, people and operations that support indirect procurement and supplier management activities worldwide. You will focus on developing best-in-class practices that support the source-to-pay lifecycle. As a member of our team, you'll find innovative ways to manage complex transactions and business scenarios. You thrive on making processes more efficient, scalable and focused on helping business partners get work done. You will work to ensure the highest level of quality of our operations and proactively minimize operational risk.
You will play a key role in the adoption, enhancements and support of Coupa, our global spend management tool. By understanding our corporate and functional direction, you will lead a team who administers Coupa and our buying process to support core business objectives and ensure compliance and efficiency. This role will collaborate closely with nearly every department at BioMarin and be the go-to person for all things related to requisitions, purchase orders, supplier management, and reporting. You will lead a global team of buyers and analysts who aim to deliver best in class service to our internal employees and external suppliers.Key Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of Coupa administrators, procurement and supplier analysts, and offshore buyers
- Assess, develop and implement process improvement initiatives for the indirect procurement and supplier management processes, including hands-on project management of process and Coupa improvement initiatives
- Collaborate with Accounts Payable, Accounting, Finance, Compliance, Sourcing, Direct Procurement and other stakeholders to identify and implement end-to-end procurement/supplier management process improvements
- Assist in the design and enhancement of company-wide policies and standard procedures to facilitate efficient and effective procurement activities and systems.
- Manage the Coupa release schedule by reviewing new functionality, testing, and communicating potential changes to end users or suppliers
- Analyze opportunities for improving the P2P process globally and develop a roadmap of future enhancements
- Manage our outsourced provider who processes purchase orders by ensuring optimal service levels across cost, productivity, and quality
- Build and maintain reporting dashboards, metrics and KPIs to analyze data and proactively surface issues, suggestions and inferences
- Assess the training needs of end users, develop/enhance training materials, and deliver effective training programs
- Review and approve the Procurement Standard Operating Procedures
- Update and maintain the Procurement internal website and content library
- Maintain proper SOX/SOD/internal controls and documentation
- 5+ years of experience in Procurement, Accounting or Business related field
- Deep understanding of the Procure to Pay process, specifically requisition to purchase order and supplier onboarding
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Coupa
- Expert in reporting and analytics (Excel, PowerBI)
- Experience managing and mentoring a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills - this role will partner with many different stakeholders globally
- A "can do" attitude - ready to provide possible solutions in what is a dynamic and evolving environment
- Degree in Business, Procurement, Supply Chain or related field
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.