Sr. Manager, Finance - WWR&DLocation San Rafael, California Apply
Reporting to the Sr. Director of WWRD Finance, the Sr. Manager, Finance will be supporting BioMarin's Worldwide Research and Development (WWRD) group and its leadership team. This individual will maintain a deep understanding of BioMarin's research, clinical, and commercial portfolios, along with critical business activities to support the organization's goals. This role will lead a team of 1 to 2 individuals to help develop robust analytics, best-in-class FP&A processes, and critical insights to drive strategic business decisions. In this fast-paced role, you will interact with BioMarin's WWRD Sr. Leadership team, the Finance Leadership Team, and other key business partners throughout the organization.
- Partner with the WWRD Senior Staff to implement strategies and help the organization surpass goals, seizing opportunities to exceed expectations.
- Drive robust financial analytics, coupled with business insights, on potential new clinical programs and associated stage gates.
- Execute the financial planning processes for the WWRD organization with strategic insights on tradeoff decisions that align to the broader finance and company-based metrics and growth goals.
- Provide advanced subject matter expertise and guidance regarding all finance-related decisions for a division with significant scope and a high level of business complexity.
- Manage the development of highly complex and intricate financial models, forecasts, proposals, presentations, and performance measures to provide confidence to executives regarding financial decisions
- Lead a team of 1 to 2 individuals through thoughtful interactions and consistent coaching forums
- 8+ years of experience in complicated corporate finance environments (preferably in-house corporate finance), with FP&A leadership experience. R&D experience preferred.
- A grasp of the biopharma industry and its complex, highly regulated landscape is desirable; experience in other healthcare segments is also attractive. Experience working in a biopharma or pharma company is desired.
- In-depth experience with financial systems, including implementing, using, and enhancing (e.g., financial planning applications; ERP)
- Hands-on experience working closely with the operations of a high-growth business.
- Strong interpersonal skills; effective on teams as well as individually
- Results driven; adaptable, flexible and creative in developing new improvement ideas and solutions
- Bachelor’s in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business
- Advanced Degree, CPA, or MBA preferred
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.