Sr. Manager, Digital Marketing AutomationLocation San Rafael, California Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Senior Manager of Marketing Automation has ownership of email and marketing automation capabilities within BioMarin’s Global Commercial organization, managing marketing automation strategy, execution, and technical operations. This role is responsible for building scalable processes today with an eye towards laying the foundation for next generation omnichannel campaigns in the future.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for internal stakeholders related to email marketing and Salesforce Marketing Cloud / Marketo platform capabilities
- Assist in the creation, maintenance and delivery of email marketing programs including landing page support
- Build cross-channel automated campaigns and programs leveraging email, SMS, landing pages and social media
- Automate and improve data integrity and data management initiatives, including segmentation implementation and analysis, list management, and lead processes
- Lead the development of repeatable templates and processes that advance capabilities and streamline campaign efficiencies
- Coordinate with Marketing Analytics lead to define and structure data models in support of enterprise-wide reporting and analytics needs
- Identify improvement opportunities in our marketing automation infrastructure and work cross-functionally to address them (ex. program structure inefficiencies, process flaws, etc.)
- Partner with IT (Information Technology) on system integrations and security standards
- Partner with Compliance and Legal to ensure ongoing compliance with data privacy and legal standards
- Manage vendors for campaign execution, prioritizing requests, gathering requirements, and supporting vendor in meeting defined SLAs
- Lead platform administration and system governance of the marketing automation platforms (Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Marketo)
Experience & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years working in marketing automation platform management or other relevant Marketing/Digital Operations role.
- Pharmaceutical or healthcare industry experience is desired
- Deep expertise with email automation software (Marketo, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Eloqua, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail
- Cares deeply about high quality delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Process oriented
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects at one time
- Driven, accountable, a self-starter, with ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Comfortable working in a collaborative, remote team environment.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In the U.S., the salary range for this position is $ 129,900 to $ 194,900 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A discretionary bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.