Sr. Integration & BI ArchitectLocation San Rafael, California
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Duties: The Sr. Integration & BI Architect will work as part of the Enterprise architecture group (Oracle Applications) to assess the current and future needs around data management, integration and business intelligence technologies. The Sr. Architect will develop, maintain & support scalable Integration, data management & business intelligence technology platforms and support model to meet the organizations current and future needs. The Sr. Architect will perform high-level architectural design, development, and support for data management, integration & business intelligence projects. The Sr. Architect will work closely with other IM group leads, Application Developers, Architects, ETL Developers, functional teams, and strategic vendors to define and rollout projects. The specific duties of the Sr. Architect, BI & Integration will include:
- Develop and maintain Enterprise Reporting, Extract Transform Load (ETL), data modeling and integration standards to support data integration, Master Data Management (MDM) and Business Intelligence technologies and platforms.
- Create & Maintain best practices and standards for technology platforms including Informatica MDM, Informatica PowerCenter, and Informatica Data Quality. Partner with other IT support functions to share knowledge and drive continuous improvement.
- Analyze, evaluate and provide solutions for business intelligence systems including Oracle Business Intelligence, Power BI, and SpotFire for consolidation, optimization and operational efficiency.
- Undertake improvement effort assessing current use and intended use of technology and service for Informatica MDM, Informatica PowerCenter, and Informatica Data Quality.
- Develop and administer integration / middleware platform using Oracle SOA, and / or Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC).
- Design and implement integrations between enterprise systems.
- Design and provide hands-on development of cloud based and enterprise integrations, leveraging API frameworks.
- Develop next-generation business intelligence migration strategy and plans.
- Develop Cloud Integration migration strategy and plans.
- Manage & help the vendor teams to achieve high levels of operational excellence. Assist the team by guiding around architectural, design, and development efforts in data management, data quality, data integration, business intelligence, and data visualizations technologies.
- Manage technical consultants to design, build, test, and implement new solutions using Informatica Suite, Oracle Suite, Microsoft Suite, and Amazon tools.
- Participate & implement change control and design reviews for projects and on-going IM support.
- Work with cross-functional teams on their data management, data quality, data integration, business intelligence, and data visualization needs and provide solutions.
- Coordinate and work with Partners/Vendors/ Consultants/System Integrators to implement solutions.
- Design, develop and maintenance of interfaces, including integrating ERP with other IT applications, and non-ERP systems.
- Maintain documents and qualification support, including developing and maintaining systems development life cycle (SDLC) documents, SOPs, user training documents, GxP documents, and IQ evidence.
- Perform and Review change control, management of change control execution, and documentation.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Five years of Business Intelligence, Data Management, data architecture, ETL, process design, data warehousing, and Data Integration experience working with various business functions.
- Three years of experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent analytical, project management and communication skills are required
- Exceptional qualitative, quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Experience with the following applications and resources desired: Informatica MDM, Informatica Data Quality, Informatica PowerCenter, Oracle Business Intelligence, Microsoft Power BI, SpotFire, Oracle databases, Microsoft SQL Server, JBoss, and WebLogic server
- Requires hands-on experience working with Oracle Integration Cloud Service (ICS), and/or Oracle SOA Suite 11g/ 12c Suite (Service Bus, BPEL, and BAM).
- Experience transcribing business requirements, creating project plans and technical documentation and managing technical projects
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.