Sr. Financial Analyst - Corporate FP&ALocation San Rafael, California Workstyle Hybrid Apply
It takes a village, and at BioMarin our corporate groups are the people behind our success. Groups such as IT, Finance, Legal, Global Compliance & Ethics, and our People Team provide foundational support of all areas of operation at BioMarin.
Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate FP&A
Reporting to the Senior Director of Global FP&A, the Senior Financial Analyst will support the financial planning, monthly reporting, and decision support activities for BioMarin’s corporate functions. This role will develop scalable analytics and key financial insights to drive strategic business decisions in support of organizational goals. In this fast-paced role, the individual will serve as a key finance business partner to cost center mangers across 7 corporate functions.
Leadership Skills Required:
- Analytical and critical thinking capabilities
- Analyzes and presents data using clear communication to drive decisions
- Flexible, quick learner with an ability to adapt to the company’s rapid pace of growth and change
- Results oriented and highly motivated
- Collaborative and professional business advisor
- Month-End Close / Variance Analysis: Review actual spend versus forecast or plan to ensure the accuracy of actuals and planning data. Assess how actual performance will have an impact on future expenses and ensure the appropriate controls and approvals are in place.
- Management Reporting: Produce and distribute monthly and quarterly metrics reporting for review with operational and finance partners. Help develop next generation reporting tools, data visualizations and processes.
- Financial Planning: Work with the business to understand and develop the 5-year strategic plan, annual operating plan and quarterly forecasts through analysis of resources and spend by activity, program, and sub-function. Review and understand actual operating results as compared to pre-determined targets by identifying and communicating major drivers, timeline impacts and potential trade-offs.
- Business Partnership: Develop relationships and become a trusted finance business partner for BioMarin’s Corporate functions (Compliance, Legal, Business Development, Finance, IT, HR, Communications). Collaborate with functional VPs to understand business activities, how they translate to the financial plan and develop recommendations.
- Decision Support: Gain a deep understanding of the functions and major levers for spend. Perform ad hoc analyses and develop 3-statement financial models to inform investment decisions.
- Continuous Improvement: Support ongoing business process improvements, including process and technology improvements.
Experience & Skills:
- 3+ years of experience in Corporate Finance, Business Analytics or equivalent experience
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; experience with Power BI or other analytics/data visualization tools is helpful
- Experience with financial planning applications strongly preferred (Hyperion, Smart View, Oracle, Anaplan and/or SAP)
- Demonstrate attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, and modeling skills
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In the U.S., the salary range for this position is $ 92,800 to $ 139,200 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A discretionary bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.