BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
BioMarin Global Medical Affairs (GMAF) offers medical expertise to post-marketing stage product/programs. GMAF leads product-specific medical communication, medical information, medical/scientific research and education. GMAF engages the medical sciences research community for expert opinion, and is responsible for post-marketing trial execution such as for disease- and/or drug-specific clinical studies.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Executive Coordinator who has experience working in a fast-paced and dynamic department within a global biopharmaceutical company. The Sr. Executive Coordinator is a position within our Global Medical Affairs (GMAF) organization supporting the VP of Global Programs as well as the heads of Study Management, Learning & Development, and Operations. The Sr. Executive Coordinator, will work alongside other Executive Coordinators within GMAF on a wide range of critical projects.
The primary responsibilities of this position will be to provide administrative support exercising impeccable judgment and discretion in areas including time management, calendaring, creating and managing international/domestic travel itineraries and the preparation of expense reports for the individuals supported. Organizational and communication skills are of utmost importance in this role.
The ideal candidate maintains a high level of professionalism, demonstrates strong influencing skills and self-direction, is highly organized and highly proficient in use of Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. The ideal candidate will maintain a proactive approach to offer timely, priority support of projects and daily tasks in coordination with the department VP and group leads.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
Routine Support of the department VP and Group Leads
- Structures and develops agendas for routine meetings
- Organizes department materials in Sharepoint
- Registers for events/meetings/congresses on behalf of Department VP and Group Leads
- Coordinates calendaring for projects/ programs/events/training programs
- Supports travel booking/ booking management
- Provides support for large group meetings and training events; organizing meeting space, food/beverage requirements, communication dissemination and ensuring access to technology
- Creates and maintains tracking documents as required
- Liaises with relevant key internal stakeholders to ensure clear, professional communication around global program activities
- Represents GMAF in a highly professional and friendly manner
- Collaborates with other GMAF Executive Coordinators as needed in support of any larger department activities and to develop internal relationships in support of Global Programs
Time and Financial Management:
- Create and manage complex itineraries for domestic and international travel; exercise practical and financial judgment with last minute schedule and travel arrangements.
- Proactively prepare and timely submission of expense reports.
The GMAF Sr. Executive Coordinator models mastery of time management, clear communication, calendaring, filing and agenda creation:
- Clear, concise oral & written communication
- Thrives in an environment of cross-functional interaction and collaboration by highlighting interdependencies
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information
- Looks for best practices that can be leveraged in solution development
- Associates and/or Bachelor degree preferred
- More than 6-years of previous experience supporting multiple leaders in a highly dynamic, fast-paced, team-driven environment. Preferred prior experience at a biopharmaceutical company.
Expert in use of MS Outlook calendaring and MS Office; Proficient in MS Excel and PowerPoint
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.