Sr Executive Coordinator, Research & Early Development (RED)Location San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Sr. Executive Coordinator – RED (Research and Early Development)
- Reporting to the GVP Head of Research and Early Development, the Sr. Executive Coordinator will be responsible for providing administrative support to the VP of Biology Research and their senior staff level staff members. This person will also support other Sr. staff members within Research and Early Development by scheduling Governance meetings and other meetings upon request. The Sr. Executive Coordinator will also work alongside the Executive Coordinator to the Head of Research and Early Development. Both Executive Coordinators will provide back-up support for each-other as needed and will communicate and work effectively with one another in order to help achieve Research and Early Development goals. The Sr. Executive Coordinator’s assignments will be varied and complex in nature, often requiring considerable judgment, creativity and discretion in resolving issues. This individual must be a self-starter and have the ability to manage multiple priorities in a continually changing environment with little to no guidance.
- A constant in BioMarin’s culture is how patients continue to drive us. The passion and dedication that our employees bring to work each day is a testament to the inspiration our patients provide, and the knowledge of the impact we can make in their lives. This role will share and help develop those values within our Research department.
The Sr. Executive Coordinator will also be responsible for the following:
- Calendar management – Scheduling meetings/rooms for meetings with multiple stakeholders across functions. Resolving calendar conflicts.
- Coordinating logistics for VP staff meetings: Preparing the agenda by working with the Biology Research team to determine topics, communicating with presenters to confirm/remind them of their presentations. Sending out agenda to meeting participants. Attending staff meetings and taking minutes for Sr. Staff meeting and Biweekly Research Sr. Staff meeting
- Coordinating logistics for Research Department Seminars – Tracking and updating the schedule as necessary, working with the Sr. Staff to update the topics. Email reminders to presenters and sending out agenda to the meeting participants.
- Scheduling RRC governance meetings with large audiences
- Coordinating the logistics for Science Seminars for visiting scientists – Assistance with booking travel/hotel, creating agenda, scheduling various roundtable meetings, securing conference rooms, ordering lunch
- Coordinating domestic and international travel for VPs
- Coordinating, compiling, and editing various material upon request
- Coordinating all logistics for department annual team building events
- Preparing expense reports for VP and Sr. Staff members
- Resolving IT issues and ordering equipment upon request
- Maintaining distribution groups for RED
- Working with Executive Coordinator to Head of Research and Early Development to provide backup and support for internal and external activities.
- Responsible for content and maintenance of the Research SharePoint (BioWeb) Site/Microsoft Teams
- Announcements: New hire, promotions and other departmental announcements
- Onboarding help with new hires; off-boarding
- Assisting with miscellaneous administrative requests from team-members
In addition to being professional and courteous, the Sr. Executive Coordinator must possess:
- A proven ability to perform at a Sr. Executive Coordinator level
- Quick learner and self-starter capabilities -- able to work proactively and independently on tasks
- Strong calendaring skills and catering/meeting planner capabilities
- Strong communication skills on all levels with internal leaders, employees, and outside vendors
- Responsiveness to deadlines, strong attention to detail, and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
- A high level of professionalism with strong influencing skills and ability to anticipate situations or issues that may arise in the near future
- Independent judgment and discretion with sensitive/confidential and proprietary information
- A can-do attitude, ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Ability to receive and act on“ad-hoc” requests
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- A team-oriented work style
- An openness to periodically responding to requests outside of normal business hours.
- A minimum of 5 – 10 years of executive level support VP, S/EVP, or C-level and office administration
- Strong PC computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Microsoft Project, Concur expense reporting
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.