Sr. Director, Omnichannel OperationsLocation San Rafael, California Workstyle Hybrid Apply
Our Commercial organization leads our global sales and marketing strategies around the world. Our integrated team continues to solidify BioMarin’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
The Sr. Director, Omnichannel Operations leader will have overall responsibility for the definition and execution of global and regional Omnichannel/Digital marketing campaigns and initiatives. Leading a team of digital operations, marketing automation, content management, and sales enablement professionals this role will ensure high quality output to our customers across all channels and tactics.
This role also will be pivotal in BioMarin’s build out of new Omnichannel capabilities and marketing/sales techniques. Partnering closely with both Global Digital Transformation and Commercial IT teams and leaders, this role will help charter the future of improving our customer interactions and insights via more interconnected data, workflows, and technologies.
This customer-centric leader will set priorities for the team and be passionate about process, scalability, and high-quality delivery. Delivering timely/effective campaigns for a large number of internal customers across global and regional teams will be paramount particularly during a time of growth in both demand and more sophisticated approaches to interacting with providers and patients.
Overall accountability for Commercial Omnichannel capabilities and global operations execution:
- Marketing Automation (Email, Text, etc)
- Digital Sales Enablement
- Content Management
- Website Development, Hosting and Maintenance
- Search Engine Marketing/Optimization
- Social Media
- Live/Virtual Event Management
- Future State Platforms per Omni-Channel Technology Roadmap
- Partner with leaders across Global Digital Strategy & Transformation, IT, Regional/Global brand, Field and Operations/Analytics teams to align on approach, design and priorities
- Ensure robust processes in place that are efficient, scalable, and integrated to support high quality delivery of digital tactics, campaigns, and resulting data, metrics, insights
- Responsible for the execution and successful implementation of future state Omnichannel capabilities over 4+ year roadmap
- Ability to balance priorities of multiple concurrent high impact projects while simultaneously supporting ongoing operations
- Build out a team comprised of internal and external resources to support current and future state Omnichannel capabilities and high customer demand
- Ensure process and safeguards in place for high quality delivery of campaigns and other Omnichannel outputs
- Take strategy from global brand teams and employ teams, tools and processes to execute and operationalize
- Manage our internal budget as well as together with brand teams monitor and execute complex media spend for our brands
- Build, lead, and nurture a high performing team of 10 professionals including hiring of 2-3 open roles
- Partner with product marketing; execute and monitor impactful digital marketing campaigns via online channels including email, mobile, social media and web interaction
- Will work with sales and clinical coordinator teams to seamlessly integrate field workflows with marketing workflows
- Management and refinement of lead scoring/sourcing qualification, inbound marketing integration, and lead to sales workflows
- Promote digital marketing best practices such as segmentation and testing, profiling, and targeting
- Leads and supports projects including management of third-party vendors / contractors
- Effectively manages project scope, timelines, and keep the lights on activities for CRM/Digital functions
- Collaborates closely with database, reporting, and analytics teams on a variety of inbound/outbound integrations and reporting requirements
- Foster a culture that is constantly improving quality and creating efficiencies
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in an omni/multichannel, digital operations or marketing operations role managing digital marketing campaigns, including requirements gathering, build, QA, and deployment of omni/multichannel campaigns
- 3+ years of experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry (preferred)
- Experience with the following applications and resources desired: Marketo, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Salesforce Sales/Service Cloud, Google Analytics, Google Ads and Facebook Business Manager, Veeva Promomats, Pitcher,
- Experience working within a global/regional matrixed team
- Excellent analytical, project management and communication skills working across cross functional teams
- Driven, accountable, a self-starter, with ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines; multi-task, delegate and prioritize projects
- 8+ years of people and vendor management experience; Experience building/managing exceptional teams
- Strong understanding of Omnichannel Marketing strategy and experience implementing at least some of the building blocks
- Experience working with field sales teams to effectively integrate/bridge both marketing and field activities together
- Familiarity with reports and trends analysis via Google Analytics or other web traffic monitoring solution
- Experience with Content Management processes and best practices and familiarity with modular content principles
- Thorough research, problem solving and analytical skills, combined with strong business acumen.
- Should have zeal towards delighting customers and continuous improvements
- Demonstrated Subject Matter Expert in both business subject areas and application functionality on prior engagements
- Ability to prepare and present information and solutions in a visually appealing and easy to understand manner to all levels of management and staff
- Experience with Agile development and delivery methodologies preferred
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In the U.S., the salary range for this position is $ 208,000 to $ 312,000 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A discretionary bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.