Sr. Benefits Analyst (TEMPORARY)Location San Rafael, California Apply
By providing a foundation for all operations
- Serve as subject matter expert for all company benefit plans with the ability to answer questions and provide information to employees as needed.
- Troubleshoot causes of benefits problems by working with IT, and benefits carriers as needed.
overviewof benefits and assist with benefits enrollment for all new employees.
- Participate in benefit surveys and analyze information obtained from the results
- Maintain employee wellness program
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements for existing and new legislation; obtaining qualified opinions; enforcing adherence to requirements
- Leave of Absence Administration, including advising employees of BioMarin, FMLA/CFRA, STD, SDI and PFL income. Coordinate leaves with Payroll.
- Updates employee benefit changes in Oracle HRIS, and audits against carrier change reports
- May assist with the planning & implementation of annual benefit Open Enrollment, and support employees during open enrollment process; resolve enrollment problems
Excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills
Ability to listen well, comprehend and analyze situations
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to develop effective working relationships within all areas of the company
Demonstrated knowledge of, benefits administration, HRIS systems, policy communication and administration, HIPAA, Worker's Compensation, and FMLA/CFRA
Good presentation skills
Proficient with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel & PowerPoint), Microsoft Outlook and other various HRIS and reporting tools
5+ years of Human Resources experience preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree or work equivalent
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.