Sr. Analyst, FP&A, (Manufacturing Operations)Location San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Senior Financial Analyst
This role requires a deep understanding of the financial aspects of our manufacturing business and is a key finance contributing role supporting our Technical Operations (TOPS) group. This role will manage and execute all aspects of budget and forecast development, input, and consolidation, as well as management and executive reporting and support of key process improvement projects.
In this fast-paced role, you will interact with leaders and finance teams throughout the organization to meet our deliverables.
Leadership Behaviors required:
- Results Oriented
- Strategic Thinker: Able to make recommendations and take a big picture approach while executing ongoing forecasting and reporting work across the TOPS function.
- Support Decision Making: Ability to support decisions through analysis and influence; must be flexible, quick-learner and adapt quickly to company’s rapid pace of growth and change
- Support quarterly forecast and annual budget/LRP processes by collecting, reviewing, and inputting headcount, capital, and operating expense data into Hyperion or other planning tools
- Consolidate planning inputs, and develop summary reports for review and validation
- Produce and distribute monthly/quarterly variance reporting for review with operational and finance partners
- Support ongoing and ad-hoc business and operational analysis
- Be liaison between operational groups and Accounting team
- Support ongoing business process/accounting process improvements
- Support the Capital planning and reporting processes
- Provide financial support to cross-functional Product/Program Core Teams
- Collaborate with business partners to develop budgets, forecasts, and Long Range Plans
- 4+ years experience in Finance and Accounting
- Experience with Enterprise level Accounting and Planning software required; Oracle, Hyperion strongly preferred
- Strong Excel skills required, including use of pivot tables, look-ups, etc.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities
- Strong analytical and modelling skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Pharma/BioTech Finance experience preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Business/Economics or other relevant field.
No Specialized equipment requirements for this position.
Position will interact with other Finance staff, with Accounting staff, and with cost center managers and staff in Technical Ops areas including Quality, Process Development, Supply Chain, Global Facilities, and Capital Projects management.
Supervisory Responsibility: -NONE
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.