Sr. Analyst, Commercial Business IntelligenceLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Sr. Analyst, Commercial Business Intelligence is responsible for design and development of compelling data visualizations, for analyzing and reporting on sales and marketing information, and to enable data-driven decision making, including forecasting, sales tracking, trend evaluation, and market analysis to support BioMarin’s global Commercial Operations.
Using technical skills and business acumen, the individual will be able to take business questions and translate them into timely and accurate technical solutions using in-depth understanding of BioMarin’s customers, business models, products, and KPIs.
This individual will be leading business requirements gathering and providing analytical support along with any end user training. This position will work closely with all the Commercial stakeholders such as field, marketing, specialty pharmacy operations, managed markets and patient services teams. Our ideal candidate will have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and drive them through to successful completion.
- Work with a variety of commercial teams (primarily field sales and marketing) to collect requirements, prototype, and build reports and dashboards in Microsoft Power BI.
- Iterate rapidly, partnering and presenting reports to a wide variety of business functions and internal customers and leaders driving towards key commercial KPIs and metrics.
- Ensure that reports and underlying data sets are accurate, and troubleshoot any issues with appropriate contacts (e.g., external partners).
- Support, advise, and collaborate to deliver ad-hoc reports and data, as necessary to meet the needs of the department.
- Administration and production support of current reporting suite (user access, field support, onboarding, etc.).
- Produce high quality, detailed documentation for requirements capture, quality assurance, and process definition.
- Provide innovative and engaging training materials including documents, slides, videos.
- Collaborate on the design and maintenance of data quality monitoring reports, alerts, processes and governance.
- Collaborate with all levels of personnel on various sales and case management systems; provides end-user support and training; resolves data issues.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong experience in design and development of compelling visualizations using applications such as Microsoft Power BI and Tableau. (Power BI and DAX skills highly preferred)
- Five (5) plus years of experience working within a Business Intelligence/Analytics environment, with a focus on sales and marketing data analysis. (Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industry experience highly preferred)
- Demonstrated subject matter expert in both business subject areas, and application functionality.
- Excellent analytical, project management and communication skills (written and verbal) are essential.
- Exceptional qualitative, quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Experience transcribing business requirements, scoping, planning and delivering projects and technical documentation.
- Strong SQL skills and ability to query and navigate existing and new datasets. Experience with tabular models and SQL Server Analysis Services a plus.
- Strong presentation skills, and experience working with all levels of business staff and leadership.
- Experience writing technical documentation and user guides; ability to present in front of an audience, providing end-user training and support.
- Ability to prepare and present data in a visually appealing and easy to understand manner.
- Understanding of data warehousing principals and relational databases.
- Enthusiasm for analyzing complex data sets and converting them into the information which drives business decisions.
- A strong voice for data integrity and reporting quality utilizing best practices and industry standards; detail-oriented and organized.
- Driven and accountable self-starter, with ability to identify and communicate priorities, and work independently in a fast-paced industry at a rapidly growing organization.
- Ability to investigate anomalies and proactively problem solve.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.