Sr Accountant, North America ControllershipLocation San Rafael, California Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
ThisSr. Accountantrole is part of the North AmericaControllershipteam responsible forthe accounting for the Research and Development Function.The successful candidate will be an experienced accountantreportingtotheSenior Manager, North AmericaControllership.Candidate should be able to multi-task and work both independently in a fast-paced dynamic environment and be astrong collaboratorand communicator as there will be a lot of interaction with business partners.Attention to detail and good analytical skills areessentialtothis role.
Main responsibilities includefull responsibility of theaccounting for non-clinical trials R&D
- Partnering withResearch and DevelopmentBusiness Partners andFP&Atounderstandactivitieswhich drive the USGAAPaccounting.
- Provide guidance to the businessandFP&Aonaccounting to includeeducation, presentationsand training.
- Responsible for thepreparation ofmonthly JEs’andaccount reconciliationsrelating to the accountingareas forR&D, VAT, Contingent Consideration, Milestone agreements and other accounting areas.
- Lead and participate inprocesstransformation and efficiencies toinclude identifyingand drivingareas for streamlining and improvements
- Contract reviewto determine the correct US GAAPAccountingand drafting of memos where necessary.
- Completion of10Q and 10K disclosure support for submissionto the ExternalReporting team
- SOX - Ensure internal controls are working effectively and propose improvements to support evolving accounting environment.
- Support both internal and external audits.
- Participate inglobalCross FunctionalProjects for North AmericaControllership
- Minimum 5 years’ experience inGLAccounting, preferably with combination of Big 4 audit and public company experience.
- Experience in a public company wouldbea distinct advantage.
- Experienceof monthly close activitiesin a deadline driven environment
- ERP systems experience preferable Oracle EBS
- A strong desire to learn and progress
- Someone who can work in their own initiative and a self-starter.
Certified Public Accountant desirable and Bachelor’s in Accounting or related business degree is required.ONSITE REQUIREMENTS:
This team has elected to be onsite Tuesdays and Thursdays. There is a possibility a 3rd onsite day maybe asked of in the future.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.