Specialist I, EHS&SLocation San Rafael, California Workstyle Onsite Only Apply
About the Opportunity:
The EHS&S Specialist I/II is a role within the EHS&S Department. This position is specialized in providing environmental, health and safety support tothe San Rafael, and Petaluma campuses. The EHS&S Specialistwill be responsible to implement environmental, health and safety programs and procedures and mayact as the EHS&S representative on various cross-functional projects.
- Conduct ergonomic assessments (office, industrial and laboratory)
- Oversee and/or conduct industrial hygiene surveys and monitoring, assessments and environmental sampling activities and inspections.
- Conduct job hazard assessments (JHAs).
- Coordinate and conduct safety and compliance audits/inspections.
- Support and coordinate regulatory inspections at the local, county, state, and federal levels.
- Provide strategic support to stakeholders to reduce health and safety risks to staff and improve safety awareness and culture.
- Develop and maintains strong relationships with internal and external partners/stakeholders including regulatory agencies.
- Investigate EHS incidents, near misses and safety suggestions including conducting root cause analyses.
- Oversee consultants and vendors.
- Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
- Use monitoring and sampling equipment.
- Becomes a certified member of the Emergency Response Team (ERT), assist in ERT program planning, and respond to emergencies.
- Maintain the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Use EHS&S and company software systems effectively.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Takes Initiative: Recognizes and acts upon opportunities even when not asked to do so. Self-directed within scope of role.
- Motivating Others: Can motivate many kinds of staff especially non-direct reports and team/project members. Empowers others. Acts as a positive influence on people and processes. Invites input from others and fosters diversity.
- Communication: Communicates effectively across all levels of the organization – shop floor to CEO.
- Other core competencies that will support your long-term success: ability to set goals/objectives, effectively navigate change, deal with ambiguity,give and receive feedback, organized, and gain the trust and support of peers and stakeholders.
- Works directly and indirectly with key internal partners including Research, Facilities, Engineering, Global Security, Business Continuity, Human Resources, and Corporate Communications.
- Works directly with external consultants, contractors, vendors, and regulatory personnel.
Must have: Minimum Requirements:
- Three to six years prior experience with undergraduate degree in Engineering, Safety, or relevant discipline. One to four years’ experience with Master’s degree in relevant discipline.
- Comprehensive knowledge of EHS regulations, procedures, and business practices.
Nice to have:
- Professional certification such as CIH or CSP.
- Prior experience with California regulatory agencies and regulations.
- Prior experience in a biopharmaceutical or research setting.
- Emergency response or medical certification such as EMT.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.