Senior Supply Chain Specialist, Business AnalyticsLocation San Rafael, California Workstyle Remote Only Apply
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Senior Supply Chain Specialist, Business Analytics is a critical role within the Global Supply Chain function and requires close collaboration, engagement and interaction across BioMarin Technical Operations Teams.
The Senior Supply Chain Specialist, Business Analytics will provide Technical Supply Chain Planning Analytical & Reporting support to the various Technical Operations Teams to drive E2E Supply Chain process improvements across the different functions.
The Senior Supply Chain Specialist, Business Analytics will serve as key role in developing and implementing Planning & Operational process improvements across the commercial and clinical planning organizations which will include areas of Inventory Management, Inventory Optimization, Excess & Obsolescence, Cycle Time Improvement, Production Frequencies, Supply Chain Performance Metrics. In particular, this position will play a leading role in developing Global Supply Chain Reporting structures and in the preparation and presentation of Supply Chain Planning data. This role will be a front-line position in the change management and training of personnel in managing and executing Global Supply Chain data, which will include applications such as Production Planning Visibility Portal, Projected Months of Supply Portal, Inventory Projections Portal, just to mention a few.
Sr Supply Chain Specialist - Business Analyst, will work with various stakeholders at different levels of the organization to assess business needs, gather requirements, and help understand and improve work processes. This role will be required to provide diplomatic and timely communication in an agile-like work environment with iterative planning and delivery cycles.
This role also supports to improve the processes, systems, tools and capabilities within the organization pertaining to the Global Planning Team.
Finance Operations, Commercial Operations, Product Supply Chain Management (PSCM), Launch Management, Regulatory, Network Strategy, Clinical Supply Planning, Manufacturing Operations, Quality Operations, Global External Operations (GEO), Logistics and Global Planning.
- Fluent execution of the Global Supply Chain Business Analytics and Reporting processes to ensure a high level of data accuracy for analyzing the performance of our Commercial and Clinical supply chains.
- Lead / support the development of Analytical Models and Business Insights for Global Supply Chain processes to drive improvement initiatives and ensure senior management have high quality information to make informed tactical and strategic decisions.
- Subject Matter Expert for Global Supply Chain Data & Reporting Applications / Models such as Inventory Optimization / Management, Cycle Time Improvement, Demand Planning / Forecasting, Production Frequencies, GSC Metrics Portal (FGA, E&O, Supply Risks etc), Production Planning Visibility Portal, Projected Months of Supply Portal and Inventory Projections Portal.
- Support key stakeholders in modeling of various Planning Scenarios with quick turn-around, high accuracy, well vetted and documented assumptions.
- Support, lead and prepare for workshops with internal / external stakeholders on Supply Chain Initiatives such as Value Stream Mapping, RCAR’s etc.
- Facilitate training for colleagues on Global Supply Chain Data Analytics / Business Insights through knowledge sharing and formal training sessions.
- Work with key stakeholders in Global Supply Chain, Finance, Commercial Operations, Quality, Regulatory, Logistics, Global Customer Management, Product Fulfillment, Manufacturing Operations to support BioMarin’s Data Requirements for our Strategic and Operational objectives. Perform data analysis on transformational & program metrics, making recommendations to senior stakeholders for continuous improvements.
- Ensure the continuous development and optimization of the Global Planning processes. Support technology solutions that can enhance current and future Supply Planning requirements. Monitor and measure the effectiveness of processes post-implementation to ensure they continue to provide a positive impact on the functional teams and are appropriate for the business.
- BS/B.Sc., preferably in Supply Chain, Life Sciences, Engineering or Business Administration.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ practical leadership experience of Sales & Operation Planning, Demand Management, Supply Planning, Inventory Management, Data Analytics or other Business related functions.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience preferably in biopharma, in a complex, virtual, Commercial/Clinical Supply Chain Environment.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional teams with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast paced, dynamic environment with multiple projects.
- Subject-matter expertise in ERP systems, preferably Oracle and/or SAP.
- Ability to understand and escalate the impact of unique issues from an E2E and functional perspective including Regulatory, Quality, Supply Chain, and Manufacturing, Finance, Operations to assess best options
- Business process thinker that drives for continuous improvement of business process to achieve product strategies.
- Demonstrated, deep understanding of end-to-end global supply chain processes.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to work in a global, matrix organization.
- Strong analytical, organization, decision making, written and verbal communication and presentation skills to operational as executive levels.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, able to distil key decisions from complex data and environment and effectively articulate issues such that they resonate with senior management.
- Can accommodate required international travel.
- In Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Qualification APICS certification desirable.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.