Senior Research Associate I: Cell Culture (TEMPORARY)Location San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
- Perform routine cell culture as well as viral (AAV/LV) and non-viral modification of adherent, suspension, iPSC-derived and primary cell lines
- Design, modify, and clone DNA constructs for expression of proteins and fusion proteins in mammalian expression systems
- Perform standard molecular biology techniques including DNA extraction, RNA extraction, and PCR/ddPCR
- Apply basic biochemical and immunological techniques, including protein extraction, protein gel electrophoresis, conventional and capillary western blotting, ELISA, and flow cytometry
- Perform routine molecular biology techniques using the engineered cell lines to support development of new next-generation sequencing (NGS) assays for sequence determination, editing efficiency analysis, and off-target assessment
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and data in electronic laboratory notebook in accordance with company policy
- Effectively collaborate with a fully integrated research team to facilitate the success of projects
- BS or MS in molecular biology, biochemistry, synthetic biology or relevant biological sciences
- Gene therapy or gene editing experience preferred, including working knowledge of state-of-the-art technologies utilized in the field.
- Strong technical background with standard laboratory methods, including culturing immortalized, iPSC-derived and primary cells; molecular biology and cloning; (q)PCR; ELISA; intracellular staining; western blotting; DNA transfection and viral transduction; flow cytometry or microscopy
- Ability to productively collaborate in cross-functional teams
- Excellent interpersonal communication and written skills for presentations, electronic notebook and report writing
- Ability to adapt to new and fast-paced environment and navigate uncertainties
- Willingness to embrace new challenges, fearlessly innovate and constantly learn
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.