Senior Research Associate 2 / Technical Scientist 1, In vivoLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
We are searching for a highly motivated and experienced Senior Research Associate or Technical Scientist to join the Model Development group in Biology Research department. The candidate will be responsible for designing and executing proof of concept studies as well as IND-enabling in vivo studies to drive the cardiac or muscle portfolio. The role includes novel model development, managing internal and external behavioral studies, conduct data acquisition and analysis, and present experimental findings to internal teams. This position offers a unique career opportunity to work in a dynamic matrix-based team environment to drive early-stage drug development. The successful candidate will interact with other members of the Biology Research department as well as external collaborators to support our therapeutic discovery programs in neuroscience. Thus, the candidate will need to work collaboratively on multiple projects, be resourceful, organized, independent, and detail oriented. Candidates should be scientifically flexible in working in a variety of disease areas as part of a diverse team.
- Design novel model systems to enhance translatability of proof of concept studies
- Serve as in vivo study design lead
- Manage the internal and external sourcing of behavioral studies
- Organize and maintain animal colonies (rodents)
- Perform a variety of in vivo lab work, including but not limiting to: drug dosing (ip, iv, sc, po), PK/PD studies, animal husbandry and necropsy
- Perform data recording and statistical analysis; Document all experimental procedures and data in electronic notebook
- Be able to write and track IACUC and other animal protocols
- Present results, conclusions, and implications to the group
- Share responsibility for lab maintenance duties
- Other duties as assigned
- Technical Scientist 1: Bachelor’s degree and at least 10 years of experience; Master’s degree with at least 8 years of relevant experience, cardiac or muscle research background as plus
- Senior Research Associate 2: Bachelor’s degree and at least 8 years of experience; Master’s degree with at least 6 years of relevant experience cardiac or muscle research background as plus
- Proficient in performing rodent surgeries as plus
- Expected to contribute to and manage studies with CROs and at external collaborators
- Experience with PK/PD and routes of administration: IP, IV, SC, PO, etc…
- Ability to recognize and adhere to IACUC standards of in vivo research is essential
- Routine In vivo handling (mouse/rat)
- Precise documentation of SOPs and results
- Excellent communication skills including presentation of data at project team and department level.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite, statistical analysis and graphing.
- Schedule should be flexible based on animal care needs
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.