Technical Scientist 1, BioChemistry, Biology ResearchLocation San Rafael, California Apply
The mission of the Biology Research department at BioMarin is to conduct preclinical research evaluating potential therapeutics for severe rare diseases with unmet medical needs. Our team in the non-oncology hematology group uses state-of-the art equipment to provide biochemical and molecular biology support to a variety of pre-clinical projects.
We are searching for a self-motivated Senior Research Associate with 4-8 years of hands-on laboratory experience. The successful candidate will develop and use biochemical assays to measure pharmacodynamics, pharmacokinetics, immunogenicity and biomarkers of new therapeutics.
The Senior Research Associate will work closely with a team of dedicated researchers and will have the opportunity positively impact the lives of patients with rare diseases.
- Develop and use a variety of analytical methods to detect biomarkers, drug, and antibodies in biological matrices. Techniques may include (but are not limited to) ELISA, enzyme activity assays, DNA/RNA extraction and droplet digital polymerase chain reaction (ddPCR).
- Develop new techniques, or bring in new technology from the outside, to enhance the analytical capabilities of the group.
- Present results, conclusions, and implications to project teams.
- Meticulously adhere to electronic data recording standards.
- Share responsibility for lab management duties.
- Contribute to reports and peer-reviewed publications.
- This role is primarily based at the bench / in the lab.
- Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated
- 4-8 years of laboratory experience.
- Advanced degree or bachelor’s degree with demonstrated experience as an independent researcher.
- Broad technical proficiency and ability to solve complex scientific and technical issues independently.
- Experience with handling animal tissues is desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: ability to prepare and present data in group settings, prepare formal reports, communicate across functions.
- The position requires organizational skills, self-motivation, teamwork, and dedication to quality in a fast-paced setting.
Experience & Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with a minimum of 6 years of experience performing molecular biology, immunoassays, or other analytical methods in a biological or biochemical field.
- Working knowledge of cell and molecular biology and biochemistry.
Technical Scientist Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree and at least 10 years of experience; Master’s degree with at least 8 years of relevant experience
Senior Research Associate 2 Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree and at least 8 years of experience; Master’s degree with at least 6 years of relevant experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.