Senior Project CoordinatorLocation San Rafael, California Apply
The Senior Executive Coordinator supports the Head of Reg Global Labeling/Reg Ops/Business Operations and Processes (Reg GL and Operations) and the overall staff and group support. The successful candidate must be able to follow directions and multi-task on a wide variety of Regulatory projects/tasks while simultaneously maintaining a high quality of work.
- Provide administrative support exercising judgment and discretion in areas including time management, calendaring, creating and managing international/domestic travel itineraries and the preparation of expense reports for the individuals supported
- Coordinate group meetings for the functions supported, including drafting agendas, running group meetings and generating minutes.
- Track progress to action items for project-specific deliverables.
- Support meeting attendees to ensure they are prepared for meetings with presentation preparation
- Collaborate and team with other Regulatory Affairs Project Coordinators and BioMarin Coordinators to ensure consistent processes are deployed
- Maintain organizational charts
- Prepare quarterly and annual metrics for Head of Reg GL and Operations on work products and deliverables on various activities the groups support
- Prepare PowerPoint slide presentations for the Reg GL and Operations as needed and manage Team Rooms and SharePoint Sites for the groups supported
- Maintain vendor expenses against budget and provide finance with support for monthly accruals
- Support the functions with budget preparations and planning
- Order office supplies for Reg GL/Reg Ops which may include, but not limited to, special supplies for regulatory operations related to submissions and/or archiving
- Provide purchasing and accounting support to Reg GL/Reg Ops regarding contracting, purchase order and invoicing processes; liaise with Accounting/Finance and Legal functions as required
- Support the Head of Reg GL/Reg Ops with monthly and quarterly performance v. budget and forecast analysis
- Maintain Reg GL/Reg Ops groups’ vendor and contractor lists including key contact information and start dates
New Hire Onboarding
- Support the onboarding of new Reg GL/Ops staff and contractors
- Serve as liaison between hiring managers and BioMarin facilities management group to ensure that department space related needs are addressed
- Aggregate and streamline new hire forms, templates and system set-up
- Support hiring managers on new individual hire plans and requirements. Connect hiring managers to appropriate resources to ensure new hire needs are accommodated
- Assist new hires with internal systems training, issue resolution and user access
The Senior Executive Coordinator demonstrates foundational core competencies across communication and collaboration and adaptability and flexibility.
- Responds promptly to staff, peers and management with clear and organized written and/or oral messages
- Technical capabilities are a must. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint)
- Possess strong computer and Internet skills; experience with project management tools, SharePoint/Office365, electronic document management systems, and e-conferencing platforms a plus.
- Highly organized and ability to support multiple staff and projects
- Ability to work with staff members in different time zones and locations
- Embraces new challenges or changed priorities and adjusts plans and priorities accordingly
- Proven ability to manage both day-to-day operations, as well as project work in a fast-paced environment and experience supporting multiple groups and activities
- Experience in Pharmaceutical industry, work experience in Regulatory Affairs a plus
- BA/BS or higher in life or health sciences preferred.
- 3+ years experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.