Sr. Manager, Accounting US GLLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. (Nasdaq: BMRN) is a world leader in developing therapies to treat rare genetic diseases, and after almost two decades, BioMarin’s extensive research and development efforts continue to expand the boundaries of medicine. Guided by its commitment to the rare disease community, the company seeks to rapidly develop first-in-class or best-in-class therapies that will make a meaningful difference to small patient populations.
BioMarin has five commercialized products and multiple clinical and pre-clinical product candidates in its pipeline. The company’s clinical success on behalf of its rare disease patients has produced robust revenue growth from BioMarin’s existing products. The company expects to turn the corner toward profitability by achieving non-GAAP breakeven or better in 2017 and bottom line growth in the years to follow. For the nine months ended September 30, 2017, strong demand and revenue growth across BioMarin’s commercialized products delivered total revenue of $955.3 million.
Today, BioMarin Finance is growing rapidly with the overall company and is developing into a cutting edge global finance organization. BioMarin has over $1B of annual revenues and operations in over 40 countries that drive significant global accounting and finance complexity. The company has ambitious growth plans in the immediate future and has an enthusiastic global finance team that is eager to deliver a world-class accounting and finance function to BioMarin and its stakeholders.
BioMarin trades on the Nasdaq under ticker BMRN and is headquartered in San Rafael, California.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Biomarin US GL team supporting the company’s rapid growth, leading process transformation and cross-functional projects, partnering with international counterparts and FP&A with heavy exposure to the business.
Main responsibilities include accounting ownership for US functional team accruals supporting Admin and Commercial, regional ownership of cash management, benefit accruals and analysis, bonus and compensation areas. An important part of this role will be to coach, mentor and develop the 2 senior accountants who are direct reports.
- Review of monthly JEs’ and account reconciliations relating to the accounting areas noted under summary above.
- Review of 10Q and 10K disclosure support for submission to the External reporting team
- SOX - Ensure internal controls are working effectively and propose improvements to support evolving accounting environment.
- Participate in GL process improvements and efficiencies to include identifying areas for streamlining and improvements
- Support both internal and external audits.
- Participate in development of metrics and KPIs’
- Responsible for preparation of desktop procedures and relevant policies.
- Collaborate and partner with other key finance teams including Corporate Accounting, F,P&A, External Reporting, SOX, Cost Accounting, PMO and Global counterparts.
- Take a lead role in Cross Functional Projects for US GL
- Recruit, retain, develop and mentor direct reporting personnel (2 Senior Accountants)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in GL Accounting, reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Strong leadership skills with experience of empowering people; developing individual skills to their maximum potential, training and employee development as well as continuous improvement
- Willingness and ability to work hands-on, collaboratively and with a sense of urgency, in a fast-paced environment
- Proven record of leading projects to successful conclusion
- ERP system experience
- A mixture of both Public Accounting and Industry experience would be a distinct advantage
- Large company experience is also desired
Certified Public Accountant essential and Bachelor’s in Accounting/Business Administration is desirable.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.