Senior Manager, Patient Access ServicesLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
BioMarin develops and commercializes innovative products for serious rare diseases and medical conditions. The Patient Access Services (PAS) team designs and develops patient services/HUB programs and services to support the needs of patients with rare diseases. The PAS team works cross-functionally within Biomarin and externally with our patient services/HUB operations.
A few core overarching team responsibilities are described below;
- Strategic planning and oversight of HUB operations
- Manage and support access to therapy for all commercially available products
- Monitor and provide options for individual patient coverage
- Address financial barriers to therapy via financial assistance programs, e.g., patient assistance programs, branded Copay programs
- Support efforts that enhance the ‘patient journey’ from diagnosis to long-term adherence via execution and pull through
In addition, the PAS team has oversight of third-party Hub Operations and various internal/external stakeholders. The interactions may include sales, field clinical support, managed markets, marketing, commercial operations, compliance, home infusion vendors, patient assistance providers and specialty pharmacies. These critical interactions add a level of complexity that requires the candidate to manage various expectations and solve problems across a continuum of requirements.
The Sr. Manager of Patient Access Services will be responsible for organizing activities and initiatives for the PAS team. The Sr. Manager will be tasked with implementing programs to support the team’s/organization’s strategic direction to achieve goals. This role will also be responsible for developing operating plans for the programs and pull through of HUB operations and general patient support programs.
- Organize programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization
- Be responsible for tactical pull through of the PAS plans
- Manage workload to achieve short and long-term goals
- Execute operating plans for the variety of programs
- Execute an evaluation method to asses program strengths and identify areas for improvement
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams that have a diverse array of talents, perspectives and responsibilities
- Ensure goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety and quality
- Implement and manage changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved
- Meet with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and direction of plans
- Produce accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle
- Bachelor degree required, additional certification/education a plus
- Minimum 3 years work experience in/with patient services/Hub Operations/general commercial operations
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Problem solving skills through an analytical and data driven approach
- Proven stakeholder management skills and execution of plans in coordination with cross-functional partners
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Have a project management mindset and familiarity with project management tools. Analytics experience is a plus
- This position reports to the Associate Director of Patient Access Services, Lysosomal storage disorders
***This role is based out of San Rafael, CA. However, incumbent can be based nationwide
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.