Senior Manager, Analytics, North America Commercial OperationsLocation San Rafael, California
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Sr. Manager, Analytics, North America Commercial Operations position is responsible for ensuring operational and tactical effectiveness of the reimbursement coverage and distribution model for BioMarin specialty products reporting to Executive Director, North America Commercial Operations. This role provides analytics support for the Contracting Operations, Trade, Managed Markets, and Patient Access Services (Hub) teams to support business decisions by developing and delivering data reports, delineating trends and anomalies, interpreting implications and engaging with team members and stakeholders. Key stakeholders include other functional areas (market access, sales forecasting and analysis, brand teams, sales, business intelligence, legal, compliance, finance, IT) and external service providers (3PL, Hub, data aggregator, copay administrator).
Excellent analytics, operational, organizational, problem solving, negotiation, communications and project management skills are required. Strong results orientation and a sense of urgency to get things done are critical. This professional is a disciplined risk-taker comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment with the resource constraints of a small commercial organization. This individual must be creative, flexible and adaptable to new and changing situations. The Sr. Manager must be accountable, goal-oriented, know how to set aggressive but achievable targets, motivate cross-functional teams as well as business partners, and accomplish projects within timelines. Experience in pharmaceutical or biotech industry and competitive and generic payer contracting required.
This role provides analytics for the Trade, Managed Markets, Contracting Operations and Patient Access Services (Hub) teams to support business decisions by developing and delivering data reports, delineating trends and anomalies, interpreting implications and engaging with team members and stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains models for impacts of copay program implementation of all therapies as well as ownership of the administration of the current copay programs and vendor management.
- Contributes to contracting strategies in competitive markets, supporting analysis of competitive contracting scenarios including innovative contracting approaches.
- Engages with sales forecasting and analysis, market access, finance and contracting operations teams to build and develop internal insights and analysis capabilities to assess payer contract performance.
- Oversees development of pre-deal analysis plans and also establishes a process for post-deal analytics including communication to key stakeholders.
- Develops and delivers payer data reports sourced internally and externally to support the Managed Markets team’s payer strategy and execution.
- Provides data analytics expertise to support our business with specialty pharmacies, wholesalers and other trading partners by developing data reports for contract negotiation, implementation and ongoing review, trading partner performance assessments and distribution model optimization.
- Assists Trade, Managed Markets and Patient Access Services teams in development of metrics and materials for business reviews with trading partners and vendors, including KPIs and scorecards to track partners for contract compliance.
- Supports Patient Access Services team with analyses of data in collaboration with sales forecasting and analysis and Hub analysis teams.
- Engages with stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure quality of data in all reports, by problem solving and ensuring implementation of solutions.
- Proactively leverages analytics and insights development to inform decision-making and trade-off scenarios.
- Integrates data and information from various sources to feed business case analysis, reporting, scorecards, etc.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with key stakeholders including other functional areas (market access, sales forecasting and analysis, brand teams, sales, business intelligence, legal, compliance, finance, IT) and external service providers (3PL, Hub, data aggregator, copay administrator).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Science discipline required
- MBA or advanced degree beneficial
- 5+ years of increasing experience in biotech, pharmaceutical, managed care, or market access required with focus on analytics in sales, trade, contracting, operations, access and distribution.
- Experience in pharmaceutical, biotech, managed care, or market access contracting required.
- Deep understanding of the US commercial and government healthcare and reimbursement environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Track record of success in achieving sales or operational goals and building effective stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to be flexible and energetic in a dynamic work environment and in a highly matrixed organization with non-co-located teams.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively, problem solve, negotiate and collaborate with stakeholders to implement long terms solutions and positively influence business.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and negotiate business solutions in a complex and fast paced matrix environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, paired with strong partnering and performance consulting skills.
- Experience conducting data analytics and strong project management skills.
- Strong modelling and forecasting skills.
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Knowledge and experience working with SQL, Tableau, PowerBI or similar BI tools preferred.
- Up to 15% of travel within the US required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.