Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A, Worldwide Research & Development, Hybrid with 2 Onsite daysLocation San Rafael, California Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
Who We Are
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Key finance role supporting BioMarin’s Global Medical Affairs function within the Worldwide Research and Development (WWRD) group and its leadership team. This role maintains a deep understanding of BioMarin’s clinical, and commercial portfolios and key business activities to support the goals of the organization.
This role will develop scalable analytics and key financial insights in order to drive strategic business decisions. In this fast-paced role, you will interact with the finance team and business partners throughout the organization to meet our deliverables.
- Analysis – Develop and deliver robust recurring and ad hoc analyses to support a clear view of financial performance and inform business decisions; analyze data to develop and monitor metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs). Assist business partners and senior management with special projects to support strategic decision-marking (e.g. scenario analysis, financial modeling).
- Financial Planning – Support quarterly forecast and annual budget/LRP processes through analysis of resources and spend by activity, program, and region.
- Business Partnership: Develop relationships and become a trusted finance business partner for the Global Medical Affairs organization. Collaborate with business partners and FP&A team members to understand business activities, how they translate to the financial plan and develop recommendations.
- Reporting - Produce and distribute monthly/quarterly metrics reporting for review with operational and finance partners. Help develop next generation reporting tools, data visualizations and processes.
- Continuous improvement – Support ongoing business process improvements, including process and technology improvements
Leadership Behaviors required:
- Analytical and Critical Thinking
- Support Data-Driven Decision Making: Ability to support decisions through analysis and presentation of data and key messages
- Flexible, quick-learner, and able to adapt quickly to company’s rapid pace of growth and change
- Results Oriented
- Highly motivated
- Collaborative Business Advisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Business/Economics or other relevant field
- 4+ years experience in Finance, Business Analytics or equivalent experience
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, including visualizations of data
- Experience with Power BI or other analytics/data visualization tools
- Experience with Hyperion Planning, Smart View, Oracle and/or Anaplan strongly preferred
- Demonstrate attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and modeling skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Pharma/BioTech Finance experience preferred
Position will interact with other Finance staff and business partners in WWRD areas including research, pharmacological sciences, translational sciences, regulatory, medical affairs and clinical development.
Hybrid & Onsite Requirements
- Onsite in San Rafael required two times a week: Tuesday & Thursday
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday can be virtual
Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.