Senior Director, Marketing and Launch ExcellenceLocation San Rafael, California Workstyle Hybrid Apply
Our Commercial organization leads our global sales and marketing strategies around the world. Our integrated team continues to solidify BioMarin’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
Fostering a culture of continuous learning and innovation, the Senior Director, Marketing and Launch Excellence is a leadership role responsible for establishing two key Commercial capabilities. This role will: 1) enhance the technical and core capabilities of our marketing teams to improve brand performance; and 2)develop industry-leading launch excellence (LX) throughout the organization to enable successful future launches and ultimately maximize reach and impact to the market.
This role will report to the Vice President, Global Product Strategy - Portfolio Strategy and Commercial Capabilities, and have a high degree of visibility across commercial leadership, regional partners, and functional leadership outside of commercial. Collaboration and partnership across functions and regions are critical to be successful in this role.
- Champion for a culture of learning, excellence and innovation
- Work directly with Brand Leadership to embed marketing competencies and needed skill sets
- Develop the vision for an enduring and scalable center of excellence/Marketing Academy for BioMarin Commercial across global, regional and local marketing
- Create a roadmap for learning, including external benchmarking; baseline capabilities, tools and approaches
- Develop curriculum for building technical skills and leadership competencies
- Determine KPIs to measure success of the Marketing capabilities learning offerings.
- Leverage innovative learning and consulting solutions to develop and embed the needed marketing capabilities for marketing teams
- Create a central hub for training, working with existing systems and tools and aligning with digital capabilities and other functions
- Integrate change management and new ways of working as needed into overall learning objectives and
- evolving organizational model
- Develop a long-term capability development strategy and multi-year plan, which may include Competency Model / Assessments, Experiences, Exposure opportunities, Talent programs, Engagement initiatives, process and tools for implementation, skills building and matrix of measurement.
- Work with Cross-Portfolio Strategy, Brand Leads, Medical Affairs and Market Access to elevate Brand Planning and brand planning process
- Partners closely with: Brand Leadership, Digital Capabilities, Disease/Product Training, Learning and Development, Medical Affairs, Cross-Portfolio Strategy (SOPs, Ways of Working), Medical Affairs
- Institutionalize the LX approach with methodology, toolkits, playbook, and design for scale
- Strategic partner and business enabler responsible for defining, developing and embedding the long-term strategic roadmap for LX capability building.
- Drive business process to align the organization on global launch sequence across, including timing of activities and resource alignment
- Define and solution for both strategic/enterprise-wide opportunities as well as tactical/functional/operational specific opportunities
- Define roles, responsibilities, information flow and decision-rights across the enterprise as it relates to launch readiness and review (core team, brand team, launch team, labeling team, commercial and medical operations teams)
- Work directly with launch teams to embed LX capabilities and needed skill sets across our pipeline assets and launching brands
- Lead launch teams through skill building "in the flow of work" to embed strategic capabilities and consult on LX strategies and execution.
- Serve as the LX capabilities subject matter expert and point of contact for all launch teams
- Establish and formalize feedback loop to allow for best practice sharing. Leverage market insights, stakeholder feedback and industry trends to drive continuous improvement
- Ensure appropriate awareness (knowledge repository) and training of materials at global/regional/local level; develop appropriate templates / checklists to ensure effectiveness and completeness while maximizing efficiencies
- Determine KPIs to measure success of the LX Capabilities learning offerings
- Lead strategic projects that result in improved processes, efficiencies, or performance
- 15+ years of relevant pharmaceutical marketing experience and a BA or a BS in Sciences, Business, Finance, MBA preferred
- Experience in new product commercialization and inline marketing experience; consulting experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a track record of effectiveness and collaboration as a team player and result-oriented project leader able to develop strong professional relationships with stakeholders
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills
- Self-starter who demonstrates energy and enthusiasm, bringing a positive solution-oriented approach to challenges
- Track record of scoping and executing cross-functional initiatives in matrixed organizations, collaborating with global, regional, and functional teams
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic and high-pressure environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet tight deadlines
- A passion for improving patient and business outcomes
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In the U.S., the salary range for this position is $ 223,000 to $ 334,400 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A discretionary bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.