Senior Director - Global Commercial AnalyticsLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Senior Director of Global Commercial Analytics leads BioMarin’s global revenue planning and business analytics teams within the Commercial organization. The scope of this role includes leadership of Global Revenue Planning & Analytics, Incentive Compensation, Secondary Data Analysis, Global Price Administration, and US Government Price Reporting. This individual is accountable for sourcing, developing, and delivering analytical insights surrounding BioMarin’s product portfolio and patients across over 70 countries worldwide. This role has regular and recurring responsibility for presenting business insights to BioMarin’s senior leadership, including the CEO, CFO and CCO. He/she is a thought leader for assimilating and visualizing analytical concepts and refining complex, matrixed processes to capture a broad range of expertise with efficiency, synthesizing complex business data into actionable business insights. To do this, he/she will partner with different functional groups both within the Commercial organization (including Marketing, Sales Operations, Commercial Systems, Pipeline Commercialization) and across other departments (Finance, Supply Chain, Development, BD, and Investor Relations) to understand and influence business decisions and ensure the Commercial perspective is represented. He/she will coach/manage/develop a high performing team and is able to flex between strategic thinking and getting into the detail when necessary. This is a hands-on role combining leadership and individual execution responsibilities.
The Senior Director of Global Commercial Analytics will have accountability and oversight for the following:
Global Revenue / Volume Planning:
- Manage Commercial organization’s quarterly forecasting, Budget, and Long Range Planning (LRP) processes
- In collaborations with Commercial Systems team, build and manage systems infrastructures and processes to support global Commercial planning requirements
- Provide analytical expertise to support brand teams’ and regional teams’ decision making
- Collaborate with regional forecast teams to understand/explain country level forecasts and variances
- Conduct reviews of regional and brand revenue-related proposals and challenge assumptions
- Consolidate country-level business drivers and revenue projections into the global revenue story for executive presentations.
- Accountable for quality of consolidated global revenue plan submissions
- Represent Brand at the ‘Commercial Demand Review’ and ‘eSOP’ meetings
- Partner with supply planning to identify supply risks and help guide supply decisions
- Maintain strategic partnership with Global Marketing to tie revenue planning exercises in to Brand planning efforts.
- Develop insightful views of Commercial data and business drivers to share with executive management
- Support CCO with presentations for Board of Directors and earnings calls
Global Price Administration:
- Accountable for global reference pricing analytics
- Maintain current and accurate database of all global prices for BioMarin products
- Accountable for global price governance process
- Accountable for US price reporting and Medicaid rebate processing accuracy
- Oversee development and administration of global incentive compensation programs
- Partner with regional sales leadership to align IC plans with desired behaviors
3rd Party Data:
- Oversee the governance process for global data needs
- Provide guidance for data sources to address critical brand questions and partner to drive data investments to optimize resourcing.
- 10+ years experience in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical or related industry
- 5+ years demonstrated experience, with increasing responsibility, in revenue planning and analytics roles
- Familiarity with common secondary data sources
- Proven track record of working collaboratively in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to influence without direct authority
- Ability to develop and maintain strong partnerships
- Ability to assimilate detailed data to discover and communicate key business trends
- Excellent presentation skills and experience presenting to executive-level audiences and supporting executive-level decision making
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent Excel-based modeling skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Orphan disease and/or hemophilia experience
- Hands-on experience with Power BI and Tableau; familiarity with SQL Server
- Higher level statistical / applied mathematics background
- BS/BA with emphasis in Finance, Business, or Life Sciences
- Graduate degree in business or life sciences (MBA/MS/PhD); consulting or investment banking
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.