Senior Brand Manager, MPS, North America Brand ManagementLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The North America Brand Management organization supports this corporate vision through developing and implementing brand strategies that drive growth while supporting the core BioMarin values of patient centricity, innovation, ethics, respect, accountability, and continuous learning.
The Product Manager is responsible for developing and executing marketing strategy and tactics for North America to support awareness and early diagnosis of MPS disorders and increase adoption and long-term use of VIMIZIM for MPS IVA (Morquio A) and Naglazyme for MPS VI (Maroteaux Lamy).
Works with Associate Director, North America MPS Brand Management to drive the development and implementation of HCP initiatives as well as:
- Supports development of brand plan and budget for marketing tactics
- Partners with and manages promotional agency and other external vendors
- Monitors and manages budgets
- Implements and monitors KPIs to evaluate effectiveness of initiatives
- Manages and promotes MPS and skeletal dysplasia diagnostic testing programs
- Serves as key point of contact for HCP speaker’s bureau
- Plans and executes external-facing activities such as advisory boards, speaker events, and conferences
- Partners with Field/Sales to gather insights/input and deliver high-impact materials—both unbranded and branded
- Works cross-functionally, partnering closely with other team members to ensure cohesive and targeted messages, plans and tactical execution
- Maintains a working understanding of essential disease- and product-related knowledge for the brands
- Demonstrated strategic and tactical marketing, organizational, problem solving, and project management skills
- Enthusiasm to collaborate in a thriving team environment.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong sense of urgency to get things done
- Must be a disciplined individual who embraces innovative approaches, and is comfortable taking initiative in a nimble and growing commercial organization
- Ability to fluently interface with different personality types and departments (e.g., marketing, sales, medical, compliance, operations, etc.)
- Flexibility and agility handling changing team dynamics and unexpected challenges
- 5 years professional experience required
- 3+ years related marketing experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
- Industry sales experience beneficial, but not required.
- Orphan drug experience preferred.
- Excellent project management, attention to detail and executional experience is a must have.
- Experience managing external agency partners
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment. Solid business skills and a good understanding of the US pharmaceutical market.
Bachelor in Business, Arts or Science, MBA preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.