Senior Analyst, Global Commercial AnalyticsLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Summary - Senior Analyst, Global Commercial Analytics
The Global Commercial Analytics Manager will support Commercial Management decision-making by deriving insights from sales performance metrics and delivering revenue and unit forecasts on a regular and ad hoc basis throughout the year. This individual will play an integral role with responsibility for ensuring that all forecasts are based on reliable information and rigorous analyses, are consistent with all available information, and that short-term and long-term forecasts are aligned. In addition, they will be responsible for the consistency and accuracy of reporting metrics. He/she will partner with different functional groups (Marketing, Sales Operations, Finance, Supply Chain, and Investor Relations) to deliver analyses that enable a thorough understanding of brand performance and expectations. He/she will work with multiple Excel-based models as well as other quantitative and qualitative resources to perform scenario analyses. In addition, he/she is expected to present findings to key stakeholders, provide recommendations, and implement approved recommendations.
Who You Are
• BS/BA with emphasis in Finance, Business, or Life Sciences
• 2-4 years experience in an analytics & insights role
• Proven track record of working collaboratively in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
• Ability to influence without direct authority
• Ability to develop and maintain strong partnerships
• Ability to assimilate detailed data to discover and communicate key business trends
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Excellent Excel-based modeling skills
• A keen eye for detail
• Graduate degree in business or life sciences (MBA/PhD); consulting or investment banking
• Biotechnology / pharmaceutical experience
• Experience supporting Executive level decision making
• Excellent presentation skills and experience presenting to executive level audience
• Familiarity with SQL Server, Power BI, and Tableau
• Experience in revenue forecasting or uncertainty (e.g. Monte Carlo) analyses
• Higher level statistical / applied mathematics background
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.