Senior Accountant (Temporary)Location San Rafael, California Apply
This role is part of the North America Accounting team responsible for the Technical Operations accounting function. The successful candidate will be an experienced accountant and will report to the Associate Director of Accounting. Candidate should be able to multi-task and work both independently in a fast-paced dynamic environment and be a strong collaborator. Candidate must possess a strong desire to learn, grow and develop their skills while providing enhancement to the current accounting function. Attention to detail and good analytical skills are essential.
Main responsibilities include accounting for the Technical Operations and Facilities functions including partnering directly with the business, joint venture accounting, accounting for accounts payable, managing accounting for California Corporate Center Acquisition entity and general oversight of prepaids.
- Partnering with the Technical Operations business contacts to understand activities which derive the US GAAP accounting.
- Responsible for the monthly JEs’ and account reconciliations relating to the accounting areas noted under summary above.
- Participate in process transformation and efficiencies to include identifying areas for streamlining and improvements
- Completion of 10Q and 10K disclosure support for submission to the External reporting team
- SOX - Ensure internal controls are working effectively and propose improvements to support evolving accounting environment.
- Support both internal and external audits.
- Participate in Cross Functional Projects for North America Accounting
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Accounting, preferably with combination of Big 4 audit and public company experience.
- Experience in a public company would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience of monthly close activities
- ERP systems experience preferable Oracle EBS
Certified Public Accountant would be a distinct advantage.
Bachelor’s in Accounting/Business Administration is desirable.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.