Senior Accountant, North America ControllershipLocation San Rafael, California Apply
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This Sr. Accountant role is part of the North America Controllership team responsible for the accounting for the Research and Development Function.The successful candidate will be an experienced accountant reporting to theSenior Manager, North America Controllership. Candidate should be able to multi-task and work both independently in a fast-paced dynamic environment and be a strong collaborator and communicator as there will be a lot of interaction with business partners. Attention to detail and good analytical skills are essential to this role.
Main responsibilities include full responsibility of the accounting for non-clinical trials R&D
- Partnering with Research and DevelopmentBusiness Partners and F,P&A tounderstand activities which drive the US GAAP accounting.
- Provide guidance to the business and F,P&A on accounting to include education, presentations and training.
- Responsible for thepreparation of monthly JEs’ and account reconciliations relating to the accounting areas for R&D, VAT, Contingent Consideration, Milestone agreements and other accounting areas.
- Lead and participate in process transformation and efficiencies to include identifying and driving areas for streamlining and improvements
- Contract review to determine the correct US GAAP Accounting and drafting of memos where necessary.
- Completion of10Q and 10K disclosure support for submission to the External Reporting team
- SOX - Ensure internal controls are working effectively and propose improvements to support evolving accounting environment.
- Support both internal and external audits.
- Participate inglobal Cross Functional Projects for North America Controllership
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in GL Accounting, preferably with combination of Big 4 audit and public company experience.
- Experience in a public company would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience of monthly close activities in a deadline driven environment
- ERP systems experience preferable Oracle EBS
- A strong desire to learn and progress
- Someone who can work in their own initiative and a self-starter.
Certified Public Accountant desirable and Bachelor’s in Accounting/Business Administration is required.
Business contacts, FP&A, Corporate Accounting, External reporting, Internal and External Auditors and other BioMarin Departments.
No supervisor responsibilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.