Scientist 1 or 2, Clinical Pharmacology (PK/PD studies)Location San Rafael, California Workstyle Remote Only Apply
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Clinical Pharmacology Scientist I role will be responsible for the design, execution, interpretation and reporting of both nonclinical and clinical Pharmacokinetic/Pharmacodynamic (PK/PD) studies. With a growing portfolio, this individual will have the opportunity to work on small molecules, protein therapeutics and gene therapies across the development cycle (candidate selection to post marketing). This individual will work with Clinical Pharmacology leaders on projects and provide support in characterizing the Clinical Pharmacology profile with an emphasis on dose and regimen selection. Depending on experience, this individual could also serve as the Clinical Pharmacology representative on study and project teams and will contribute to the planning, implementation and organization of regulatory filings along with presentation of PK/PD data to internal cross-functional teams and external collaborators.
- Design and interpret PK/PD studies in support of molecules in clinical and nonclinical development across drug modalities (eg: small molecules, oligonucleotides, gene therapies) and therapeutic indications
- Analyze, Model, simulate and predict nonclinical and clinical data to drive decisions on dose and frequency of dosing
- Perform population PK and PK/PD analyses on drug candidates as they progress through clinical development
- Interact with pharmacologists, toxicologists, medical directors and regulatory affairs personnel within BioMarin for the timely completion of clinical and nonclinical studies and regulatory filings
- Represent Clinical Pharmacology on multi-disciplinary study teams with a potential to represent the function on project teams
- Write protocol sections, analysis plans, reports, sections to INDs, NDAs, etc.
- 0 to 5 years of industry experience with a strong background in Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics
- Strong training in PK/PD analyses with a preference for population-based modeling and simulation
- Extensive hands-on experience with non-compartmental and compartmental PK/PD analysis using WinNonlin and NONMEM software
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and with different leadership styles
- Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated
- Experience with therapies in neurological and/or cardiovascular disorders
- Post-doctoral and/or some industry experience
- Ph.D. in a Pharmaceutical Science, Pharmacology or related field such as Bioengineering with an emphasis in PK/PD modeling
- PhD or equivalent relevant experience, plus 0-2+ years industry experience
Scientist 2 :
- PhD or equivalent relevant experience plus 2-5+ years industry experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.