Research Associate (TEMPORARY)Location San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases.
- Experienced in Protein Purification and Characterization
- Familiar with AKTA and Agilent Purifier and HPLC
- Protein binding assays (ForteBio Octet, ELISA, Biacore)
- Excellent record keeping abilities and accurate documentation of experiments in ELN
- Writing protocols and presenting data in project and team meetings
- Communicate and collaborate in a cross-functional team
- Compliance with the lab safety procedures
- Training opportunities will be available for additional techniques
The suitable candidate will have the following experience/skills:
- At least high-quality years of hands-on experience in a laboratory setting
- Demonstrable experience in protein separation and analysis
- Practical knowledge of protein purification and working knowledge of protein analysis software
- Experience with protein binding assays (ForteBio Octet, ELISA, Biacore)
- Experience with flow cytometry is a plus
- Excellent record keeping abilities to adequately record, analyze and document data
- Highly motivated to work and actively contribute in the laboratory environment.
- Excellent communication skills and independent, multi-tasking and collaborative in a cross-functional team.
Minimum requirement BS in Biology or Biochemistry and 2-4 years of relevant experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.